Davis Cup 2022- India

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Davis Cup 2022- India

Post by sameerph »

knarayen wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:43 am SonyLiv used to telecast the DC away ties (e.g. Denmark) in India - is it going to be the same this year, does anyone know?
No, it is live on Eurosport- today (Friday) at 9.30 pm IST and Saturday at 5.30 pm IST.
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

jayakris wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:04 am Yuki and RamK may be a better pair (actually they are surely the better pair), but they have had no practice together, so I wouldn't take a chance unless Ruud decides to play doubles and finish it off. If Ruud plays doubles, I would take a chance with RamK and hope that they would click. Yuki-RamK have better upside as a pair. If they are only 1-1, I won't be surprised if Ruud he plays doubles though. Then I might try Yuki-RamK, even though YukiSaki are also capable of beating Ruud-Duro.

If Ruud plays doubles, then they absolutely should play Yuki-Ramk in doubles. The Yuki-Saki pair does well primarily because Yuki dominates challenger level opponents from the backcourt (besides both being capable at the net). Against Ruud, that isn't going to be the case. So, it makes more sense to try Yuki-Ramk where Ramk can also win from the backcourt especially from the deuce side where he will mostly be hitting forehands.

Also, since it is a slow hard court, Sumit may be pretty effective on day 2. Looking at the ITD Insta post of the Indians practicing, Sumit looks quite fit and looked very good against Yuki and Saketh on the other side.
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

Ruud is playing doubles, according to the DC website. We are still playing Yuki and Saketh. Ours is a more balanced team and the courts are slow. I hope our guys are pumped up - injuries or not no excuses now. Leander should be captain. Very sad that his motivation is not available for our team.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

knarayen wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:31 am I hope our guys are pumped up - injuries or not no excuses now. Leander should be captain. Very sad that his motivation is not available for our team.
I have no idea why we continue to have Rohit Rajpal, the least deserving former player out there, as the captain. LP, MB, Somdev or Harsh should be the captain. And they should be playing this tie in memory of Naresh Kumar too.
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

They are not showing Davis cup on Eurosport. Some other match. Ok now it’s switched to the Davis cup
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

As expected, Rudd is dominating Praj, up 4-0 in first set.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Praj just about got on the board but lost the first set 1-6 in 26 mins.
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

As expected, Ruud lives up to his ranking and dominates set 1. Gunner has to change his approach to set 2 - attack more and get to the net at every opportunity. Will he do it?

Down 2-3, and Gunner still hasn’t figured out that he needs to be at the net when he gets a poor return - attack and come in. Does this guy not know how to volley? Pathetic to watch. Rohit Rajpal is a dud, no coaching whatsoever. :mad: :mad:

I’ve never heard of any guy standing 10 feet behind the baseline to receive second serve, but the gunner shows us how he does it :mad:
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Better fight in second set but lost 16 46 in just over an hour.

Now, the real match will begin with must win match for us .
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

RamK loses serve early on in the first down and is down 1-3... :-(

Broken again, down 1-5 now.... :damn:

and loses the first set 1-6....
Last edited by prashanthm on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Damn, RamK confidence is at a very low right now. Durasovic is playing quite good but RamK is making him look better than he is. 1-6 is pretty bad scoreline.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

What a joke! So they brought in Sumit Nagal, who’s clearly in a better form than the current #1,2 only to bench him?
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

First set score line looks as if Ram was playing against Ruud, lot of unnecessary floating slices , and dumping crucial balls into the net, looks so defensive without any game plan.If this continues, the match and the Tie is over for India.
Nearly 2.30 am here hope I wake up to some positive news.
prashanthm

Post by prashanthm »

Second set

Hoping for a better second set.... holds comfortably with two aces...

But lost serve in a long game... down 1-3 now...

It's 4-5 now after a string of holds.... Durasovic to serve for the match now... Can RamK do something about it?

Chanceless service game for Durasovic to seal it off.... and there goes India's hopes of winning this tie.... 2-3 is the best I can think of with this result... :-(

Same scoreline as the first match... 1-6 4-6
vparam

Post by vparam »

Pathetic! But seriously, is anyone actually surprised by the one sided losses? Not me based on what Praj and RamK have performed this year. Even our ever optimist PBK knew! :p