Pre-US Open ATP/WTA tournaments

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Pre-US Open ATP/WTA tournaments

Post by VReddy »

jayakris wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:45 pm We believe the password may be with Sandeep Reddy who did twitter updates for a period. Anybody in touch with him?
Yes - will request him to look at this thread.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

VReddy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am Yeah is there a way to revive TennisIndia.org. I had mentioned about this 3 years back on a misc thread about a social media version of TennisIndia but some of us didnt come across as serious enough. Irrespective would be really nice to have TennisIndia - some of the content at least revived. It was pure gold mine of info for indian tennis followers.
I was more interested in reviving TennisIndia.org archives though. TennisIndia.org Jay notes is what got me into Indian Tennis back in 2003 and imo it deserves a revival. It ties into the Indian Tennis Archives piece which I mentioned in one of the previous posts.

I will message Jay when I am sure that I can dedicate few weeks/months towards this effort - hopefully Q1, Q2 2022. Hopefully I will be convincing enough then to convince Jay and the Mods.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

^^^ The problem is that the server where I had all those documents was replaced at the University and the old web server folders did not get copied (actually it must be there somewhere, but as it is not University business, I haven't pushed the IT support to go hunt it all down for me). I do have local copies on my PCs for everything I posted though... but the links to tournament results etc may not work. But it is all old flat html files, so probably can be resurrected. Many thanks for the offer to help! Let me gather the files together during the December break.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

jayakris wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:05 pm ^^^ The problem is that the server where I had all those documents was replaced at the University and the old web server folders did not get copied (actually it must be there somewhere, but as it is not University business, I haven't pushed the IT support to go hunt it all down for me). I do have local copies on my PCs for everything I posted though... but the links to tournament results etc may not work. But it is all old flat html files, so probably can be resurrected. Many thanks for the offer to help! Let me gather the files together during the December break.
Thank you so much Jay.

Some of these nuggets - we can tweet under ThisDayThatYear segment after couple of us spend time to jot down 30-50 milestone moments which are worth highlighting again. We can tweet them under TennisIndia.org (OR sports-india.com) twitter handle and other tennis related handles can retweet.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

VReddy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm It is just that Twitter score reporting is more of the lowest end of the value chain esp. considering the qualifications but your call.
We could write a bot to extract this from websites/news articles and post automatically.