October / November 2018 Challengers

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: October / November 2018 Challengers

Post by jaydeep »

A good win considering RamK's recent patchy form ... Next, he is facing the top-140 German Matthias Bachinger.

At $125K+H Bratislava Challenger 2018, Slovakia

[R2] (6) Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND,122) vs Matthias Bachinger (GER,139)
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Leander is playing yet another Challenger (Knoxville).

Marcel Granollers, who won the Paris Masters doubles crown last week — partnering Rajeev Ram — is also in the draw, seeded fourth!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Lee and Miguel started with a comfortable win against Hach Verdugo and Roelofse.

At $75 Knoxville Challenger 2018, Tennessee, USA

[R1] (1) Leander Paes (IND)/ Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela (MEX) bt Hans Hach Verdugo (MEX)/ Ruan Roelofse (RSA) 64 62
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Leander and partner were the only seeded pair to make it past R1. Granollers, winner of the Paris Masters last week, lost in R1 of a Challenger this week!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Purav and Antonio Sancic are on court now playin their QF against top seeded O’Mara/Skupski. RamK and partner are already through to the doubles SF there (Bratislava).

RamK plays his singles R2 at noon tomorrow.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Purav and Antonio Sancic are on court now playin their QF against top seeded O’Mara/Skupski. RamK and partner are already through to the doubles SF there (Bratislava).

RamK plays his singles R2 at noon tomorrow.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Purav/Antonio won the first set 6-4, lost the second 4-6. STB on now.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

[R1] Purav Raja (IND)/ Antonio Sancic (CRO) l. (1) Johmmy O'Mara (GBR)/ Ken Skupski (GBR), 64 46 (6-10)
and then
[R2] (6) Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND,122) l. Matthias Bachinger (GER,139), 63 36 62

And a result from yesterday that wasn't reported earlier -

[QF] Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND)/ Andrei Vasilevski (BLR) d. (WC) Andrej Marti (SVK)/ Filip Polasek (SVK), 46 63 (10-8)
Their SF is tomorrow against opponents to be determined.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Both our guys lost a close match , Purav and his partner after going neck to neck and splitting the opening 2 sets, gave away couple of breaks in the MTB which proved to be decisive and went down fighting.
For Ram not the ideal way to celebrate his 24th Birthday , but taking the positives from this loss , the manner in which he won his opening round and almost pulled out R2 win over an experienced player who stunned Nishikori in making Metz 250 final 6-7 weeks ago , indicate's that he is overcoming his slump , and the key here is doubles which has made him more sharper wherein he has made his second successive Challenger Double’s SF including quality wins over fancied Doubles paring's in this tournament.
sanjay5goel

Re: October 2018 Challengers

Post by sanjay5goel »

sanjay5goel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:32 pm
jayakris wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:47 am I am also tempted to write him off like that, but then again, I have done it some 3 or 4 times in his career, and have had to write him off a year or two later again. It's like the Stephen Wright joke. "I am getting amesia and dejavu together. I feel I have forgotten this before" :)
@Jayakris - after a couple of years of silence I am once again requesting you and forum members who are able to contact Yuki/ his think tank to please contact Egoscue clinic in San Diego and work with them on his posture issues.

After having personally struggled with bad back and bad this and that over the past 20+ years in all my research to find a way out to good physical health - Egoscue has stood out very strongly as probably the only treatment modality that looks at the body as a whole and not simply address the problem area. Example for neck pain exercises are more focused on the feet and hips because without first correcting imbalances there, there is no hope of doing a permanent fix of the neck pain etc.

However, if his karma dictates that he will not find the correct treatment /fix for his physical issues - then so be it.

Hare Krishna!
Your servant
Sridhara-syama dasa
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

A tough losses for RamK in the singles and Purav in the doubles.
RamK and Vasilevski r facing the 4th seed Spaniards in the doubles semi-final.

[SF] Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND)/ Andrei Vasilevski (BLR) vs (4) Gerard Granollers (ESP)/ David Marrero (ESP)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Lee and Miguel had a disappointing straight sets loss against the American pair.

At $75 Knoxville Challenger 2018, Tennessee, USA

[QF] (1) Leander Paes (IND)/ Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela (MEX) l Alex Lawson (USA)/ Jackson Withrow (USA) 36 46
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

[SF] Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND)/ Andrei Vasilevski (BLR) bt (4) Gerard Granollers (ESP)/ David Marrero (ESP) 7-5, 4-6, 10-6
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

In the final, they r facing the 3rd seeds Molchanov and Zelenay.

[F] Ramkumar Ramanathan (IND)/ Andrei Vasilevski (BLR) vs (3) Denys Molchanov (UKR)/ Igor Zelenay (SVK)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: October 2018 Challengers

Post by jayakris »

sanjay5goel wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 pm @Jayakris - after a couple of years of silence I am once again requesting you and forum members who are able to contact Yuki/ his think tank to please contact Egoscue clinic in San Diego and work with them on his posture issues.

After having personally struggled with bad back and bad this and that over the past 20+ years in all my research to find a way out to good physical health - Egoscue has stood out very strongly as probably the only treatment modality that looks at the body as a whole and not simply address the problem area. Example for neck pain exercises are more focused on the feet and hips because without first correcting imbalances there, there is no hope of doing a permanent fix of the neck pain etc.
Good advice, Sanjay. And good to see you back again. I don't have a direct contact for Yuki and have not been in touch. I was in touch with his sisters a long time ago, but they don't manage him anymore, anyway. Hope somebody else here is in touch with him. But basically, my feeling is that he is aware of his injury prone body and is trying the best he can. Sometimes, some guys are just unlucky on the injury front. So be it, is all we can say, like you said....