ATP / WTA Grass tournaments 2018 (DenBosch/Stuttgart, Queens/Halle, Antalya, Newport)

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajiv
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: ATP / WTA Grass tournaments 2018 (DenBosch/Stuttgart, Queens/Halle, Antalya, Newport)

Post by Rajiv »

jayakris wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 am Unfortunate... Just one break in the whole match, which was pretty close, .
Jay, The Indian Tennis Daily guys are using your same observations in their tweets :D
PKBasu

Re: ATP / WTA Grass tournaments 2018 (DenBosch/Stuttgart, Queens/Halle, Antalya, Newport)

Post by PKBasu »

It'll be interesting to see where Yuki, RamK and Prajnesh play next week. Hopefully, the qualifiers at Queen's for all three, or perhaps one or two will choose Halle.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Ram is playing the Challenger in Ikley next week.
Yuki should be in Halle considering Queens might be bit too tough.
Prajnesh , as I mentioned in his thread , Ilkey qualies seems to be best available option available to him , rather than playing the waiting game at Halle or Queen's
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Rajiv wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:36 am
jayakris wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 am Unfortunate... Just one break in the whole match, which was pretty close, .
Jay, The Indian Tennis Daily guys are using your same observations in their tweets :D
As long as they didn't misrepresent any facts, like the "fake news government authorities" do these days on twitter, I suppose I am fine :) ...
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Rajiv wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:18 am .
Yuki should be in Halle considering Queens might be bit too tough.
Yuki has entered Queens qualies. So, he cannot skip and play Halle.

I just hope he has got over the knee injury which he seemed to have playing this week.
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

Rajiv wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:36 am

Hey Rajiv,

1) "These" Indian Tennis Daily guys. First of all, I'd like you to know that we are one of SI members itself.

2) "One break in the whole match" is a pretty common observation that even a very casual tennis fan can observe. In fact, I havent even opened SI in the last three days(been very busy with work)

Thanks!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

All I can say about this fight is summarized by the greatest taxi driver ever, Mr. Rodney King - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0
"I just want to say... You know... Can we... Can we all... get along?... Can we, can we get along?... Umm... Can we stop making it... making it horrible for... for the old... for the older people and the... and the, and the... and the kids?" :)
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Ankita gets in as an Alt in the qualies at Birmingham. She plays 164th ranked Priscilla Hon of Australia in QR1. Looking forward to cheering her on tomorrow.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Yuki is seeded 5th in the packed Queen's qualifiers. He plays James Ward (who has a wildcard), and then is drawn to play Taylor Fritz in the final qualifying round. If Yuki is fit, he will win these two matches.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

S_K_S wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 pm Ankita gets in as an Alt in the qualies at Birmingham. She plays 164th ranked Priscilla Hon of Australia in QR1. Looking forward to cheering her on tomorrow.
Do cheer her on lustily, Samarth! It is rare for an Indian player to have a passionate supporter in the stands, and it definitely will help!
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

PKBasu wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 pm
S_K_S wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 pm Ankita gets in as an Alt in the qualies at Birmingham. She plays 164th ranked Priscilla Hon of Australia in QR1. Looking forward to cheering her on tomorrow.
Do cheer her on lustily, Samarth! It is rare for an Indian player to have a passionate supporter in the stands, and it definitely will help!
Will do. My friends at the club are aghast I won't be watching Bouchard with them :-)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Edited - My bad,

Prarthana is in the doubles final at Manchester and I was talking thinking Ankita. :oof:
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

PKBasu wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm Yuki is seeded 5th in the packed Queen's qualifiers. He plays James Ward (who has a wildcard), and then is drawn to play Taylor Fritz in the final qualifying round. If Yuki is fit, he will win these two matches.
Ward has had some good results recently. I think he did well at the challenger in Loughborough. Any Brit on home ground is a tough proposition and Ward is experienced too though I think he is coming back after injury. As you say Yuki should win but you never know.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Klaasen-Venus over-powered Divij and Artem in one-sided match.

At €612K Libema Open 2018, s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands

[SF] (4) Divij Sharan (IND)/ Artem Sitak l (2) Raven Klaasen (RSA)/ Michael Venus (NZL) 36 26
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

S_K_S wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:36 pm
PKBasu wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 pm
Will do. My friends at the club are aghast I won't be watching Bouchard with them :-)
Maybe your friends took PKB’s suggestion to cheer “lustily” literally. Imagine if he had used the word “husbanding.” :D