European ATP clay season 2018

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: European ATP clay season 2018

Post by arjun2761 »

PKBasu wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm Divij back at his career-high of 41.
Yes, that's awesome. He's been winning with a lot of different partners. If he finds a steady partner of equal ability, he could be on his way to the top 20!
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

arjun2761 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:41 pm
PKBasu wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm Divij back at his career-high of 41.
Yes, that's awesome. He's been winning with a lot of different partners. If he finds a steady partner of equal ability, he could be on his way to the top 20!
When i saw him play earlier this year in Irving challenger with Scott lipsky, i noticed that his toss was a bit low and he was rushing his serve while in a hurry to get to the net. If you all remember during that period he was getting clobbered in his serve games. From the sidelines, i told him to get an additional 6 inches on his toss, this will also give him time for additional upper body rotation, and if he delays the transfer of weight by a fraction, this should do the trick. He gave me a startled look - but he did say "thank you" - obviously he does not know me but was probably wondering where that advice came from :D

I hope that has helped...I haven't seen him play recently but he appears to be winning. :p

Prof
kishash
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by kishash »

Purav and Fabrice have entered the semifinals at Lyon beating the third seeds in straight sets. Congrats.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Rohan and Roger lost in a super tiebreaker to Jebavy-Middelkoop who will face Purav-Fabrice in the SF. Divij-GGL most probably will face the pairing of two good singles players in Krygios-Sock.
vparam

Post by vparam »

I think it's time to break up the Bopanna/Vasselin team. These guys are playing awful and never seem to live up to their high seeding at each tournament.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Good win by Purav and Fabrice but another early loss for Rohan and Edouard ... Next, Divij and Garcia-Lopez will be facing Kyrgios and Sock.

At €501K Lyon Open 2018, France

[QF] Fabrice Martin (FRA)/ Purav Raja (IND) bt (3) Julio Peralta (CHI)/ Horacio Zeballos (ARG) 75 64
[QF] (2) Rohan Bopanna (IND)/ Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) l Roman Jebavy (CZE)/ Matwe Middelkoop (NED) 75 46 7-10

[SF] Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)/ Divij Sharan (IND) vs Nick Kyrgios (AUS)/ Jack Sock (USA)
[SF] Fabrice Martin (FRA)/ Purav Raja (IND) vs Roman Jebavy (CZE)/ Matwe Middelkoop (NED)
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

vparam wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 pm I think it's time to break up the Bopanna/Vasselin team. These guys are playing awful and never seem to live up to their high seeding at each tournament.
True although often times they produce an upset. Also, I am surprised to see Pablo Cuevas still playing doubles regularly and seeded higher than RB/ERV at the French Open. IIRC, PC and RB had to split only because PC wanted to concentrate more on singles.
kishash

Post by kishash »

Surprising straight sets loss for Purav and Fabrice after being a break up in the first set.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Divij/Garcia-Lopez also lost their SF (to the powerful-looking pair of Sock/Kyrgios) 57 46.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

At €501K Lyon Open 2018, France

[SF] Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)/ Divij Sharan (IND) l Nick Kyrgios (AUS)/ Jack Sock (USA) 57 46
[SF] Fabrice Martin (FRA)/ Purav Raja (IND) l Roman Jebavy (CZE)/ Matwe Middelkoop (NED) 57 16
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

In their extended the clay season Bala and Vishnu r playing @Gstaad ... This week Jeevan also joins them.

In Swiss open, Bala and Vishnu r facing Argentine pair ... Jeevan-Austin r playing against the 2nd seeds Gonzalez-Sousa.

At €501K Swiss Open 2018, Gstaad, Switzerland

[R1] N. Sriram Balaji (IND)/ Vishnu Vardhan (IND) vs Federico Delbonis (ARG)/ Guido Pella (ARG)
[R1] Austin Krajicek (USA)/ Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan (IND) vs (2) Santiago Gonzalez (MEX)/ Joao Sousa (POR)
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Was wondering where Jeevan went.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Last week, Jeevan/Austin made the SF on grass in Newport. This week they play on European clay!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Unsurprisingly, Jeevan/Austin lost 16 06 in the Gstaad R1.
Varma

Post by Varma »

[R1] N. Sriram Balaji (IND)/ Vishnu Vardhan (IND) vs Federico Delbonis (ARG)/ Guido Pella (ARG) 7-6(7), 0-0

Vishnu and Bala bagged an extremely hard-fought first set at 7. They won 43 points to their opponents' 42. Neither team could break the other (Vishnu/Bala saved all 3 BPs against them while failing to convert the only chance they managed to create on their opponents' serve).

- Varma