French Open 2018

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ravishankar Krishnan
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: French Open 2018

Post by Ravishankar Krishnan »

Can't he withdraw and pay a fine? AFAIk the rules aren't clear on this one
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

This is so frustrating. Prajnesh had the audacity to wait 2-3 weeks without any match practice to come play RG qualifiers but now he had to sign up for a challenger right after the Q-week.

But I don’t think at this point, we as fans can direct any player to make choices. It’s just a big lost opportunity.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

I think he can withdraw from Vicenza and pay the penalty. If he hasn't boarded the flight, he should contact the organizers and say he is heading back to Roland Garros. The next couple of guys on the list aren't around either.
I have sent him an FB Messenger message too, but I'm not connected to him on FB. Have requested Harsh Mankad to contact him as well, although it must be 6am in Minnesota, and not sure if Harsh will have accessed the internet yet this morning there...
Ravishankar Krishnan

I'm on call with Roland Garros. I'm confirming it with them. Screw it if my phone bill is damn high, this is so worth it.

Just spoke to them. The guy was useless. But he said I could email them. Should I? The email id is clients@fft.fr
Last edited by Ravishankar Krishnan on Sun May 27, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The Tomic-Kyrgios match was not scheduled for today, so as long as Prajnesh can contact the organizers quickly and say he will be there tomorrow, I think there is still a chance. But he will have to withdraw from Vicenza and pay a penalty: worth it. Not sure of the exact changed rules on these things, but that is my interpretation at least.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Hey guys - we just chatted with ITF authority. Now checking on ATP rules on challenger withdrawals. I will let all communication go via Prajwal to prajnesh though
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Yes, definitely worth emailing them at Roland Garros. Harsh is in Chandigarh (not Minnesota), so I hope he's seen my message. No sign that Prajnesh has seen our tweets. We need to contact Prajnesh simultaneously (or preferably before reaching the French Open folks).
Ravishankar Krishnan

I'm emailing the RG folks
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

VReddy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:45 pm Hey guys - we just chatted with ITF authority. Now checking on ATP rules on challenger withdrawals. I will let all communication go via Prajwal to prajnesh though
Vishnu, where is Prajnesh? Has he already taken the flight to Italy? It isn't that easy to get out of Charles de Gaulle airport...we need to stop him getting on a plane out of France if possible.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

We are confirming the ITF/RG/ATP rules by then. But i prefer Prajwal to do all comms. Rest assured though that Ben/Prajwal are in touch and am right beside them.

He is in Venice.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

As fat as I know, a player can withdraw for 3 or 4 tournaments in a year without incurring a fine.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Good to know Vishnu that you are at the top of the situation there.

I checked the ITF grand slam Lucky loser rules and nowhere it states that if a player in the main draw of another challenger for next week's tournament, he will not be eligible to be a lucky loser. I think Prajnesh should be eligible.

But, he will need to actually sign in before the start of play tomorrow. So, he will need to rush back to RG tonight.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Yes Air France flight is there
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Prajnesh is due to play at 4pm tomorrow against Salvatore Caruso of Italy in Vicenza.
He should contact the organizers at Roland Garros immediately and say he is coming back to play tomorrow's match against Tomic instead. He needs to withdraw from Vicenza NOW.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Rajiv wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 pm As fat as I know, a player can withdraw for 3 or 4 tournaments in a year without incurring a fine.
Paying the fine is not the issue.

@Vishnu, who is Prajwal?

Also maybe an idea to check with Wimbledon instead of RG given how terrible the latter's management is; and all GS' follow the same rulebook.