$15K India F1-F4 futures, Feb/March 2018

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: $15K India F1-F4 futures, Feb/March 2018

Post by PKBasu »

PKBasu wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:20 am Looking forward to an all-Indian final. I think Arjun can turn the tables on Boluda-Perkiss this week, even if it is on clay!
Delighted that my prediction turned out to be perfectly right!! Fabulous to have an all-Indian final, especially to see Arjun turn the tables on the dominant Boluda-Perkiss.
Arjun Kadhe is really looking good: we thought he would do well on grass and hard courts; who thought he could do it on clay too?
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

And Arjun and VSP win the doubles title for third consecutive week.

[F] (2) Arjun Khade (IND)/Vijay Sundar Prashanth (IND) d. (1) Caio Silva (BRA)/Thales Turini (BRA) 67(5) 64 10-7

With that title, Arjun will be around 350 in the doubles rankings and VSP will be around 220. With a little bit of improvement in Arjun's ranking this pair can play together at challengers.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

sameerph wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 am Excellent win by Arjun over a top 300 Spaniard on clay.

Arjun is racking up points in this futures circuit which will help him move up to challenger level soon. Nothing against VSP but I will root for Arjun in the final being a younger guy with more upside potential. And root for both in doubles final later today. :D
Is this red clay or the faster green clay? Or perhaps some other Indian top surface?
meyyis

Post by meyyis »

Finals

Surprise. VSP manages to easily overcome Arjun in straight sets 3 & 3. Overall a good week for VSP and still a good week for Arjun as well.

[F] (4) N. Vijay Sundar PRASHANTH (IND) d. (3) Arjun KADHE (IND) : 6-3, 6-3

Arjun moves up to 390 and VSP moves up to 465 in the Singles Live rankings.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yes, meyyis. This was a bit of a surprise. Not that VSP won, but that he seems to have run into no trouble while doing it.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

arjun2761 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pmIs this red clay or the faster green clay? Or perhaps some other Indian top surface?
I believe it is red clay. Not the classic European style red clay, I assume. Probably not as hard and maybe a bit slow too?

EDIT: Okay, it is some sort of a red clay. Here is a picture
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

In India I have seen only this type of clay. BTW NVSP has played league tennis in Germany on clay.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

That's a beautiful court in a lovely setting. Like the club house too.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

So glad for VSP and a great reward for his positive attitude having still battling it out with the younger players unlike his friends who quit singles and turned doubles pros.

Great 4 weeks for Arjun nevertheless. The lad has more places to go and more tours to win this year. :goodluck:
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

S_K_S wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:47 pm It would be nice to see consistency from the leading players as a stepping stone to challengers. 2 semis and 2 finals and 1 win would be the dream but that is probably me being very optimistic. Fingers crossed.
So Kadhe got a W, RU, QF and RU. Mission accomplished I would say.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Arjun should start mixing Futures and Challengers now
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

jayakris wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 am
arjun2761 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pmIs this red clay or the faster green clay? Or perhaps some other Indian top surface?
I believe it is red clay. Not the classic European style red clay, I assume. Probably not as hard and maybe a bit slow too?

EDIT: Okay, it is some sort of a red clay. Here is a picture
This is a great setting! WIsh I could play there sometime! Brings back memories of playing tournaments in India many years ago. :-)

Prof
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

This was in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala is able to maintain some charming venues despite the communist influence. Nice!

I think Arjun especially needs to play some higher level ($25K+H) Futures over the next couple of months, build up his points, and then target playing on grass during the 5-6 week grass season. There are Futures and Challengers available, and he has the game to do well on the surface.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

PKBasu wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 am This was in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala is able to maintain some charming venues despite the communist influence. Nice!
Why are you mixing Sports with Politics? As long as China remains India 's neighbor there will be a hell lot of communists in Kerala,West Bengal and Tripura. Okay. Communists are neither dinosaur nor Hitlers. Btw Kerala has almost 100% literacy rate. Good job done by the Communists. Don't compare Stalin to Hitler. It's the job of western media. History is written by the victors.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

PKBasu wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 am This was in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala is able to maintain some charming venues despite the communist influence. Nice!
The communists are hardly modernizers. There are some charming places in Cuba, etc. The only things that they may have actively taken down is temples and churches in Russia and China. In fact, globalization is a much greater risk to heritage sites in the erstwhile communist states. I doubt there is any significant link between the Chinese communists (who practice a weird sort of communism) and the Indian ones. Or for that matter whether the Indian communists are communists anyway.