$15K India F7,F8,F9 futures, Chennai, Coimbatore-September 2017

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: $15K India F7,F8,F9 futures, Chennai, Coimbatore-September 2017

Post by Omkara »

At 23 he should invest more in his game to take his ranking higher.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Omkara wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pmAt 23 he should invest more in his game to take his ranking higher.
College results are sometimes a pretty good indicator of singles quality though. He could surprise us, but there isn't clear evidence to expect top-200 in singles. But then again, who knows - I will be very happy to see him reach higher. Saketh for instance went a bit higher than I expected, which was around a 250 career-high.

Sure, he should try to push his singles rankings up for at least another 2-3 years but he certainly has it in him to make a lot of money playing doubles too, so he should keep that also in mind.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

True, Jay. Saketh did way better what one expected from his college results reaching top 150. Frankly, I was not expecting even top 250 from him. But, then Saketh was ranked close to top 20 ranking in college tennis and had a few top 10 wins too in singles. Arjun has only been barely in top 100. His results in these 3 weeks of Indian futures are better than expected. But, still it will be surprise if he can go inside top 300-250.

In doubles, he was NCAA championship semi finalist in 1 year and was ranked in top 3. So, the expectations can be much higher in doubles.