US Open Tennis 2017, Aug 21-Sept. 10

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: US Open Tennis 2017, Aug 21-Sept. 10

Post by S_K_S »

No such thing as LL in an in progress draw. His opponents get a bye.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Bops converts a titanic match by winning the 4th match point

MIXED DOUBLES - R1 - Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN) [7]/Rohan Bopanna (IND) [7] def Heather Watson (GBR)/Henri Kontinen (FIN) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0(11)
punarayan

Post by punarayan »

Gautam, Congratulations on your son being chosen for the coin toss next Friday. Maybe he can provide a court report from the Ashe! Hope he is enjoying his tennis. I hope to be there this Monday - maybe we can meet if you are there.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

WOMEN'S DOUBLES - R2 - Sania Mirza (IND) [4]/Shuai Peng (CHN) [4] def. Jana Cepelova (SVK)/Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) 6-7(5) | 6-3 | 6-3
Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Omkara »

S_K_S wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 pm No such thing as LL in an in progress draw. His opponents get a bye.
Bops lost. Why will he get a bye? The r3 opponent of fogini will get bye
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Omkara wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 am
S_K_S wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 pm No such thing as LL in an in progress draw. His opponents get a bye.
That's what I said.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

My Bad. Bops furious on twitter. But he lost. FULLS STOP. why rant
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Good win by Rohan-Gabriela in MXD ... Next, they r facing Spanish- American pair.
Sania-Shuai r facing Cirstea-Sorribes Tormo.

Doubles
[R3] (4) Sania Mirza (IND)/ Shuai Peng (CHN) vs Sorana Cirstea (ROU)/ Sara Sorribes Tormo (ESP)

Mixed Doubles
[R2] (7) Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN)/ Rohan Bopanna (IND) vs María José Martínez Sánchez (ESP)/ Nicholas Monroe (USA)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Other than Mihika tough matches for our juniors in the singles

Junior
[R1] Zeel Desai (IND,24) vs Maria Camila Osorio Serrano (COL,18)
[R1] Mihika Yadav (IND,39) vs (WC) Nikki Redelijk (USA,783)
[R1] Mahak Jain (IND,31) vs (6) Xin Yu Wang (CHN,10)
[R1] Siddhant Banthia (IND,58) vs Danny Thomas (USA,31)
cricketics

Post by cricketics »

Omkara wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 am
The reason why I and most people on twitter were asking because when decision of suspension of Fognini was made, Fognini/Bolelli opponents for round 3 weren't decided. The second round game of their opponents of the third round was yet to take plce so it made sense to give Bops/Cueves the LL spot to the third as the other team wasn't even decided.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

punarayan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 pm Gautam, Congratulations on your son being chosen for the coin toss next Friday. Maybe he can provide a court report from the Ashe! Hope he is enjoying his tennis. I hope to be there this Monday - maybe we can meet if you are there.
Thank you. We were there yesterday. Some great matches, including Rafa's. Also managed to catch the super tiebreaker of Bopanna'a MxD match. Walked in towards the end of the second set (after watching Del Potro for the first two sets) and just in time for the start of the super tie break. I wasn't too impressed with Rohan but his partner, Dobrawski, was great (especially at the net). I just didn't get a feeling from watching them that Rohan was leading that team. He did serve well and got the team out of trouble but they shouldn't have been in trouble in the first place if he got those volleys in or was ready on some of those ground strokes (he has no feet movement). He also had trouble returning Heather's serve :). His serves were great though.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

gbelday wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:26 pmI wasn't too impressed with Rohan but his partner, Dobrawski, was great (especially at the net). I just didn't get a feeling from watching them that Rohan was leading that team. He did serve well and got the team out of trouble but they shouldn't have been in trouble in the first place if he got those volleys in or was ready on some of those ground strokes (he has no feet movement). He also had trouble returning Heather's serve :). His serves were great though.
Gautam, is that means no chance for the doubles point in our Davis Cup tie? :devil:
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

I am not sure Jaydeep but we should maybe start looking beyond Rohan. He served us well so far but I don't think we can rely on him for too much longer.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

True Gautam, but in Mahesh's team structure only one doubles player in the team so it will be tough to ask Divij or Purav to do the job ... We need both of them for securing a doubles point.
punarayan

Post by punarayan »

Why would one have 3 singles players on the team, when the #3 singles player has a remote chance of winning a singles match against Canada's #2 singles player? If, either Ramkumar or Yuki cannot play, the rubber is over. The doubles win is a must - Rohan and another doubles player should be on the team. That would be Purav or Divji, given that the obvious choice has not been chosen. I saw all of India's doubles players at Wimbledon this year and Lee still looks the best.