Tata Open Maharashtra 2018

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Tata Open Maharashtra 2018

Post by Sin Hombre »

I would give it to Aryan Goveas.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

I mentioned in the earlier post that one of the qualifying wild cards is likely to go to Aryan Goveas. Varma talked about the second wild card and I agree that it should go to Sasi ahead of Balaji and Vishnu.
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

Is anyone attending the event this year? Let's catch up!
subodhv

Post by subodhv »

I am planning to visit one or two of the days. Message me when you are there, let's catch up if we happen to be there at the same time.
Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Omkara »

vatsal323 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:23 am Is anyone attending the event this year? Let's catch up!
I will
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

subodhv wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:45 am I am planning to visit one or two of the days. Message me when you are there, let's catch up if we happen to be there at the same time.
I'll be there throughout. Will PM you my number. You can call me once you are there!
fabshab

Post by fabshab »

Planning to be there on 3rd and 4th of january...i hope everything paves out accordingly :D
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

There are 3 withdrawals from main draw and 3 from alternates and now Yuki is only 1 out from main draw. If there is 1 more withdrawal in next 24 hours, Yuki will directly make it into main draw and his wild card can be redistributed to someone else, perhaps Sumit.

Lots of withdrawals from qualies too. Sumit will be a seed in qualies and Prajnesh too would be close to being a seed. Balaji is 4 out from qualies and Sasi 6 out.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

That's great news. Robredo has withdrawn too - Paire is already in Pune(looks ready to play Q)
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

sameerph wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 pm There are 3 withdrawals from main draw and 3 from alternates and now Yuki is only 1 out from main draw. If there is 1 more withdrawal in next 24 hours, Yuki will directly make it into main draw and his wild card can be redistributed to someone else, perhaps Sumit.

Lots of withdrawals from qualies too. Sumit will be a seed in qualies and Prajnesh too would be close to being a seed. Balaji is 4 out from qualies and Sasi 6 out.
Has Saketh withdrawn otherwise he should be part of QD now?

Another MD withdrawal and we will have 4 players in the MD.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Surprisingly, Saki withdrew from the Q list with his PR ranking. Otherwise he would have made it. Now he will have to get a WC with his current ranking.
Varma

Post by Varma »

It is only fair that he got a WC into qualies of a home tournament; gives him a chance to use his PR somewhere else.

- Varma
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Lets see if that is the case. Saki has lot of PR spots left. So, he may not need to save PR spots for other tournaments. I hope it is not another injury issue with him .

In the meantime, qualies cut keeps dropping, Balaji is now 2 out, Sasi 4 out. RamK will surely be taken out from qualies draw which would mean 1 more withdrawal and Balaji will get into qualies draw. Yuki still 1 out from main draw.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

And we are back with the Chennai open wild-card formula ... :(
Ivo Karlovic withdraw from the tournament so Yuki gets direct entry in to the main draw ... This time, the organizers decided to give wild-card to top-50 Frenchman Benoît Paire.

Paire is in Pune from 26th December and practicing with Arjun and others ... So that means, he will be partnered Arjun in the doubles?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Sadly, the commercial allure of pro tennis has already possessed the new Maharashtra Open organisers. Paire getting the wildcard unnecessarily deprives Sumit of a main draw wildcard -- which he has surely earned with his big win in the Bangalore Challenger.
Arjun now seems an interloper, and it would be a bit too much for him to get both a singles wildcard and a great doubles partner in Paire.
Delightful news, nonetheless, that Yuki is in the main draw without needing a wildcard. I hope he gets a decent draw.