Wimbledon 2017

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Wimbledon 2017

Post by gbelday »

Varma wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:27 pm Hey Gautam...So, it's So.Cal vs New Jersey in the girls final? I will play traitor and root for your girl this time ;)

- Varma
Thanks, Varma. I knew I could count on you :) Good to see two US girls in the finals although I would have liked for someone with Indian heritage to have made it. I never thought I was going to be rooting for a Chinese girl :) but Ann is a very pleasant, down to earth girl and is a good role model for the kids.

Btw, Ann Li is not a NJ girl. She is from PA but plays full time (M-F) with USTA PD in NY (including online schooling). It's going to be a tough one for her against Claire Liu. Ann never beat Claire before and they are very good friends from what I heard. Claire does have training stints throughout the year with the USTA PD coaches in Carson City ( Stephen Amritraj being one of them..).
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

So American women's tennis might launch a post-Williams comeback via a pair of Chinese-Americans? Trump's white nationalists won't be pleased.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

So, I guess, we aren't the only ones crazy about Sachin.
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/art ... l_box.html