$ 25K + India -2 ITF satellites

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

puneets
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by puneets »

they'll need some clever packaging.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Expected results in QF ... So now most exciting match from our point of view for topping Satellite ranking by Indian is Karan vs Alexey ... Hopefully Karan took care of him ... But from past record Alexey having advantage over Karan.

Sunil will took care of Vishal in hope Karan wins and then in final try to grab top position.

Jaydeep.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

jayakris wrote:I think I expected Vishal to beat Vivek. .

Jay
No, Jay, IIRC you predicted that Vivek would beat Vishal... :D
But almost all your other predictions have been right, so we needn't dwell on this one! Vivek has made progress this month, and has definitely managed his transition from the junior to the pro ranks better than Karan did last year. Vivek has been gathering some points since last year, and will hopefully be able to continue making the transition to the pro ranks over the next few months on the basis of the points he has gathered in this circuit. Having watched him play live at Wimbledon, I'll be following his progress with particular interest.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Actually, on further investigation it appears that Vivek may be about to lose the 6 ATP points he had until this point. So the 9 points he earned here will serve mainly to keep him on the ranking computer. He still needs to do something to earn more points over the next 6 weeks so that he doesn't have to start his pro career from too far down the ranking lists.
kiran r more

Post by kiran r more »

Exciting news from Delhi.Karan thrashed Kedriouk 6-1,6-1 and Vishal beat Sunil in three sets.It seems a tired Kedriouk had no energy or will power left to handle an aggressive Karan who was,perhaps,playing his best game.However,defeat of Sunil has kept the suspense going.If Karan wins the title he will finish as no. one.If Vishal wins then Kedriouk will be no one and Karan no. two.Vishal has come up very well on this circuit and it is going to be a great match tomorrow.High stakes for Karan in tomorrow's match.
kiran r more

Post by kiran r more »

PKB I agree with you that Vivek is an exciting prospect and is coming up very well.He has a big game and can trouble lot of guys.Next year when he will be playing full pro circuit we will see a much better Vivek.I also agree with you that Vivek did better than what Karan did last year.However,Karan faced seeded players in all the three legs in the first round itself-Greul,Kanan and some other foreigner.He was unfortunate,though he could have won against Kanan.Even in this circuit he got perhaps only one easy match(Arjun Gautam),otherwise all his matches were tricky.It seems Karan's strategy of skipping doubles altogether is working very well.He seems to be peaking while others seem to be tired at the end of four weeks of gruelling tennis.
sanjay5goel

Post by sanjay5goel »

Great news to wake up to. KR winning 61 61 is simply too good.

GO Karan! GO Vishal!

Sanjay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Fantastic stuff from Karan Rastogi to simply decimate Kedriouk in the semi-final. I think he has fully earned the right to end this circuit #1, and I will be rooting for him to beat Vishal Uppal in the final. Vishal seems to be thriving in his late-twenties in tournaments held in India. I remember he went abroad last year for over a month to try his hand overseas after almost a similarly-successful run last year. This year he has done even better, but I feel sorry for his last two victims, Vivek and Sunil!

Nothing at all against Vishal, who is duly earning his living in the most honest way -- by showing just how good his game remains (in fact, this may well be his career-best performance). Even on his overseas foray last year, Vishal's successes mainly came in doubles, but perhaps hard and indoor courts will bring him greater success if he again ventures offshore after this. He will now have something like 48 ATP points, a career-high. He will be 29 next month, but is likely to be in the top-500 in the world for the first time in his life before then. Good for him!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

With the 35 ATP points he is assured of winning (including 4 bonus points for finishing at least second) in this circuit, Karan will now jump to 77 points -- or a ranking of around #384. Excellent stuff.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Wow, good stuff from Karan. He is now one win away from topping the circuit. Vishal will
not be an easy opponent if his serve and volley game is in flow.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Simply awesome stuff from Karan to beat Kedriouk just loosing mere 2 games ... Now he should took advantage to top curcuit beating Vishal ... Thats definetly most tricky match for him in this satellite ... Becoz he needs to overcome his own demons of winning curcuit with this win.

I m happy for Karan's win but bit surprised to Sunil's loss ... So next week we will see lot of changes and new faces in our top 10 singles ranking.

Jaydeep.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Wow what an awesome performance!!!
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Official results :-

Semifinal

Karan RASTOGI (IND) defeated Alexey KEDRIOUK (KAZ) 61 61
Vishal UPPAL (IND) defeated Sunil-Kumar SIPAEYA (IND) 63 06 64

Doubles final

PATHANJALI (IND) / SRIDHAR (IND) defeated GHOUSE (IND) / UPPAL (IND) 67(5) 75 76(2)
Nate

Post by Nate »

wow, fabulous win by Karan. Hope he can turn the tables on Vishal this time.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Fantastic win by Karan. Hope he ends with a flourish tommorow.

[/quote]With the 35 ATP points he is assured of winning (including 4 bonus points for finishing at least second) in this circuit, Karan will now jump to 77 points -- or a ranking of around #384.[quote]

According to me , Karan is already assured of 38 points i.e ranking close to 375. If he win the final he will gain 5 more points .

Vivek has earned his 6 points in last year's satelite which was later around Nov end. So fo now he will move up to around 780-800 range.
Other like Ravishankar Pathanjali , Divij Sharan & Ashutosh Singh will also rise quite a bit in the rankings.

There are 3 weeks of 10 K futures lined up in India from 27 Nov- 19 dec & 1 in Srilanka week before that. So, good chance for 2nd tier Indian players to defend their points from last year's satellite & earn more points.

Players like Karan & Sunil should go to a higher level at challangers & 15 K futures.