daviscup.com

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

daviscup.com

Post by gvhvhg »

WOW!

This site has really improved. And it has records on every player ( ever) dating back to the 20's( and probably further) when an EV Bobb represented India.
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

daviscup.com

Post by BSharma »

Recently I had checked out the Davis Cup website for the India-Japan tie and was surprised at the wealth of information even about players from years back. After studying the results of the old Indian players I am more than ever convinced that Ramanathan Krishnan has the best record among all the Indian players. He had victories over Rod Laver (match played in USA) and Chuck McKinley (USA) who were both the top players of their time. I was also surprised at the number of doubles matches that Ramanathan Krishnan played in the Davis Cup. In my opinion Ramanathan Krishnan has the best record in the Indian Davis Cup matches. He also has the best record among Indian players outside of Davis Cup matches.