Re: Bugs and errors for the new configuration.... (Suggestions..

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
Peter
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Peter »

Unsure how the Summertime/DST toggle switch (from 'User Control Panel', 'Board Preferences') works.

i had to manually turn it off, to get the right (local) time.

Thanks..
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Peter wrote:Unsure how the Summertime/DST toggle switch (from 'User Control Panel', 'Board Preferences') works.

i had to manually turn it off, to get the right (local) time.

Thanks..
I believe its a manual toggle.....
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gbelday »

Dhruv,

A couple of suggestions.

1) I know you are busy man but I was wondering if we could have a mobile version of the site. I am sure that would attract some of the younger "texting" generation. Facebook's growth is being fuelled to a large extent by the mobile users (iPhone..etc). We can even upload a free (or 0.99c) version of SI onto the apple appstore (not sure what it costs and what the returns would be in the short run but it would certainly attact a certain segment of users).

2) I also saw your suggestion on the media streaming server for the site and that would be great!!

3) Another good thing to have is a central repository to store the names/addresses/contact info of all the members that are willing to accomodate players. I know Arun started the exercise a while back but haven't heard from him in a long time.

Also, I am willing to chip in for the costs that are incurred. I am not sure how you maintain the site (your pocket?) because I haven't donated a penny to SI so far.

Thanks!
Gautam
x_y_Z_a

Post by x_y_Z_a »

Dhruv

Marking the entire forum as "read" does not seem to workAfter having marked them as read, the posts that I did not read continue to come as posts unread.