Live Streaming

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Live Streaming

Post by S_K_S »

If you have a look at the Rajeev Ram thread the Doc has posted a link to a website that has live streaming of matches. Now I don't know about you but I don't like us getting upstaged by any website so my question is -

What do you need to stream live matches? Let's start with what type of internet connection do you need and how do you get one at the venue? In the UK the LTA lay on wireless internet for the players but most of the time it's range is very limited so there is no signal by the courts. This link that I am referring to was for a Challenger Event so how were they able to get a superfast internet connection there?

Second question is - if you have the internet connection what else do you need? Any idea of the type of pc spec that is required?
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Live Streaming

Post by BSharma »

S_K_S wrote: If you have a look at the Rajeev Ram thread the Doc has posted a link to a website that has live streaming of matches. Now I don't know about you but I don't like us getting upstaged by any website so my question is -

What do you need to stream live matches? Let's start with what type of internet connection do you need and how do you get one at the venue?
First, it helps to be a person associated with running of a tennis tournament.  Second, it helps if there is availability of technical expertise and desire to make the challenger tournament better than other similar tournaments.

Craig O’Shannessy is the brain behind the video streaming at the Dallas Challenger.  He is also the one who gives the commentary and I have enjoyed his comments about the players.  He is associated with TBarM Racquet Club in Dallas and has coached some pro-tennis players and is also trying to promote his Brain Game to the tennis players.

He has expressed his desire to do live streaming from other tournament sites although I am not sure if other people want to invest in this technology. 

I do not know what kind of technology will be required to do live streaming of Indian players from various tournament sites and whether the tournament oragizers will allow such a thing.  I am sure that we have people in our forum who have the necessary knowledge to do live streaming.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Currently I think that's a bit costly affair .. We will wait for someone knowledgable person putting thought on it.

Here r couple of companies who provides solution for that -
http://www.informedia.tv/informedia/
http://www.core-streaming.com/windows-m ... eaming.htm

A list of companies and services that provide live web video

Also nice basic stuff on wikipedia about Streaming media

Hardware requirements - A PC with an encoder card and Windows Media Encoder version 9x ahead for showing windows media.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

I looked at live streaming a while (2 years) ago and basically it was easy other than the fact that hosting costs were horrendous.  Basically someone has to host the thing and downloading gigabytes of data was stupidly expensive.  I can have another look as part of the site upgrade.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Live Streaming would be fantastic...I've always wondered about it too. It could take our match reporting to another level.
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

For those with a PSP

Not live streaming but a possible avenue for recording matches is to get the Go Cam for the PSP. Retailing in the UK for about £30. With the go cam you can record it on to your memory card and upload it later. A 4gb card can record over 2 hours of video. Something to think about next time you are following one of our players.