IMPORTANT! If it asks you to change password...

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
piranha
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Repairs/Changes to the site

Post by piranha »

Awgh, this looks hideous! I hope it'll get fixed asap.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Sorry,  mistyped one letter so none of the graphics were being found :-D.  Should be all fixed now.  Also any changes that I should make to site can be mentioned now.  I might, just might, get a few hours to devote to the site in the next two weeks.  Can't promise anything.
puneets

Post by puneets »

the site looks pretty good now. I like the fact that a lot of white space has been done away with.

Can we embed youtube/google videos in our posts ? There are a lot of hacks for the phpbb boards which can accomplish this. Is this something that the users might find useful here ?
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Well now I'm using SMF instead of phpBB since that used to get hacked every so often esp as the site became googled.  Changing over probably hit my google rankings though but so far its been fine.  I still prefer phpBB in the ease that I could change things but hey....

As for embedded videos, I'm of two minds about that.  I guess the main issue is people on dialup access and there are still surprisingly a large number of people on dialup access.  I'll keep it mind for the future though.  As soon as dialup users drop to <10% I guess I'll investigate further.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Dhruv wrote: Hi PKB. You should be able to do so by clicking on manage content in the menu.  The menu description has changed and (I think) the process has been made easier.  However, I could be wrong.  You should be able to see the menu item.  If you don't see the menu item let me know.
Hi Dhruv: I haven't found "manage content" in the menu, so I haven't been able to fix this yet. Can you help please?
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

I've put it in a more obvious place now....
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Seen it! Thanks.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Dear Dhruv,

In the top right corner, it says Farbwahl, which is German for Change Colour. Can you replace the German word by the English one :-)

Suresh
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Done :-)
suresh

Post by suresh »

Danke Schoen  :D 
kujo
Authors
Authors

Re: suggestion / request

Post by kujo »

Dhruv,

I have a suggestion /request. The link you have provided on the main forum page for "recent posts" is a very useful one for me. I tend to click on it time and get up-to-date with all of the latest posts.

However, one thing that bugs me is the forum on "bug" game (a.k.a. cricket). And sometimes, the "sania mirza general discussions" thread. They both sometimes have way too many posts, that I am really not interested in reading. More often than not, they also have argumentative posts / discussions with circular logic and all... :)

Anyways, my request is simply this: Is there a way to customise the  "View the most recent posts on the forum." link?  If not, can you try to do something like that?

Please don't ask me to use the RSS Feed. I find that an annoyance - to have a feed reader subscribe to all the threads and to avoid the constant popups from the feed.

Thanks much!

cheers
-kujo
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

kujoku wrote: Dhruv,

However, one thing that bugs me is the forum on "bug" game (a.k.a. cricket). And sometimes, the "sania mirza general discussions" thread. They both sometimes have way too many posts, that I am really not interested in reading. More often than not, they also have argumentative posts / discussions with circular logic and all... :)

Thanks much!

cheers
-kujo
Dear kujo,

This is your friendly US Immigration Officer and I am here to check your ethnic status.  You wrote in your application for US visa that you are of Indian origin.  I have been informed by CIA that ALL Indians are crazy about "bug" game (a.k.a. cricket) and all of them enjoy reading/posting "argumentative posts / discussions with circular logic".  Please visit the nearest US Immigration Office and prove that you are of Indian origin.  :wink:

(just kidding)
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

BSharma wrote: Please visit the nearest US Immigration Office and prove that you are of Indian origin.  :wink:
Well, I visited the 'bug' forum and made a couple of posts in the world cup thread (my first ever posts there!). That should do I guess?! ;)

cheers
-kujo
Last edited by kujo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Re: missing post / thread

Post by kujo »

Hi Dhruv,

The Vishy Anand thread in the chess forum is missing. Any ideas on what happened?

I posted something about the Amber chess tourney just yesterday and the whole thread is gone missing! Am I not seeing things properly?  :kookoo:

Can someone else confirm the problem in this thread please?

thanks
-kujo
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Re: missing post / thread

Post by BSharma »

kujoku wrote: Hi Dhruv,

The Vishy Anand thread in the chess forum is missing. Any ideas on what happened?

Can someone else confirm the problem in this thread please?

thanks
-kujo
It is now located in the "Announcement" section of Sports-India.  I am not sure how that thread got there.

Vishy Anand Thread