IMPORTANT! If it asks you to change password...

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Repairs/Changes to the site

Post by jayakris »

It got moved by mistake into the announcement section, and now we have to wait for Dhruv to return from wherever he is hiding, as only he has previleges to move anything OUT OF the announcement section!

Jay
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

I am the culprit of that missing thread ...  :tomato: :kookoo: :tomato:

Sorry guys for all this trouble u r facing.

Jaydeep.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Thanks guys for figuring it out. I have created another Vishy Anand thread in the chess forum and we will use that as a temporary measure till Dhruv is back to set things right!

cheers,
-kujo
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

kujoku wrote:
Thanks guys for figuring it out. I have created another Vishy Anand thread in the chess forum and we will use that as a temporary measure till Dhruv is back to set things right!

cheers,
-kujo
Looks like Anand's thread is back in the chess forum. Thanks to whoever corrected it (Dhruv?) :)

-kujo

ps: Can the chess moderator or someone else (Jaydeep?) merge the temporary Anand thread back into the main one? Thanks!
Last edited by kujo on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

done .. Jay
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Thanks Jay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I am having trouble posting anything on the site from my new office computer. I get a message saying "message timed out" whenever I try to post. The first time was because of a lengthy post, but then I tried to post a shorter way (and also the same one quickly, but cutting and posting) but it wouldn't work. Is there any solution possible? Actually, can someone diagnose why this is happening?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I don't know if this info is useful to u, but many time when this the error message 'Timed Out' recieve, then this problem is related m/c or organisation's firewall or proxy (security) which protecting your system.

Jaydeep.
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

"Latest Member: Administrator "

Surely, got be a bug?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The last couple of times I have posted a story for the frontispiece, it hasn't made it in. The first time was when Bopanna won the Dublin title (I posted within about an hour of his win IIRC, and Jay's piece got on to that page about a day later: I acknowledge that Jay's piece was more detailed -- and deserved to be there ahead of mine! -- but mine could have stayed there for about a day before being superseded by Jay's...). And yesterday's piece on "Indian tennis on the move around the world" also hasn't made it in yet, about 12 hours later. Who administers the front-page? Can more of us have the right to publish our pieces on the front-page, which doesn't seem to update very quickly at the moment because of the administrative procedure?
Last edited by PKBasu on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

What? Where? When? .. It is very much there on the front page...  Whatcha Talkin about, Willis? :) ...

Sorry, I did not see the article, to approve it, PKB.  Basically, I guess we need an alert system.  Sometimes we forget to check the page for any article submissions.

Nice article; I was just thinking of putting in another article to say that the tennis crowd is continuing to cook after the last two weeks.  You saved me the work.

Dhruv has been mostly busy lately; hope he will set up an alert system on article submissions (I hope it is not already there and I didn't miss it).

Jay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Thanks, Jay  :D :D :D !

Aren't you in Aptos (or Seascape Club  :roll:) cheering Prakash on? His match must be on now, and the Club will post the result by about 9:30pm on their website.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Aptos is in Northern California, near Monteray, Pebble Beach and Carmel (made famous by Clint Eastwood who was the mayor earlier), some 380 miles away.   Really beautiful area.  On a good day it is a 6-7 hour drive for me from southern California.  As my family is leaving for India soon, I suspect I won't be able to drive up there this weekend either - which I would have otherwise thought of doing in case PA reaches the SF...

Jay
suresh

Post by suresh »

I had posted a news item on Sharat Kamal's good showing at the Japan Open and that did not get approved :-( I was too busy to follow it up.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Hmm, I think the articles were approved by someone at some stage just not put on the frontpage.  There is a two stage process. One for approval of the article and another to put it on the frontpage.

The rationale behind it being that maybe not every article is long enough/ detailed enough to make it to the front page.  Maybe  this is why the articles can be found in the various sections of the sport ut not really on the frontpage.  A training issue on my part. 

Also Jay:  the unpublished items should show up on the left hand side of the frontpage when you log in (or for that matter anyone who has publishing priviliges)

Cheers,

Dhruv