IMPORTANT! If it asks you to change password...

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

IMPORTANT! If it asks you to change password...

Post by Dhruv »

Hi all,

Sorry for the outage last week.  About 20-30 computers at the data center where this site is hosted were hacked late last week.  I was on vacation, without my laptop, and so could not do very much about restoration work until earlier this week.  (although I did know about the outage thanks to a frantic text message from SKS about 3am my time I think :-) ).I "think" I have restored most of the site back to the way it was but a few things are still not working.

I still have to re-upload all the photo albums and also have to install the chat and do a few more things with images/avatars etc etc.  I might be able to get to it this weekend but no promises.  I have to travel to the US for a couple of days and then a couple more places for work this coming week/weekend so life is busy as well.

For most of the normal users the site should be working, but for the moderators/authors etc this will still take some time.

As I am reconstructing a lot of this from the ground up if you want any additions/changes now would be the time to let me know.  Blogs, more detailed player/sports info pages (but we need your help for that) etc. any and all suggestions are welcome.

Also, if any of you are computer literate (php, MySQL, css etc) and would like to help out let me know.  Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Dhruv
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Repairs/Changes to the site

Post by PKBasu »

Dhruv,

Thanks for all the work that must no doubt have been involved in putting all this back together. The vandals really got to us this time.

Boy, was it tough not having the forum to turn to! I actually had to start digging around for tennis results elsewhere (and started watching a good deal more TV again!!).
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Dhruv !!!

U must had very hectic rework after ur vacation ... For me this was very unwelcome break for our forum ... Great to see its back and messages r flooding.

Jaydeep.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Good to be back!!  Thanks Dhruv for all your work!!  It was rough to be cut off from everyone here!!
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

OK.

As things stand, I have had to do a complete reinstall of one of the databases so we have lost all the articles written so far. :-(  The gallery and the chat should also be installed by the end of this weekend. So other than all the articles which I had to trash due to the hackers messing around with the database, the rest of the systems should be all go.

I hope that you guys will help us repopulate the news.  All those who would like to submit news/match reports to the front page please reply to this post and I will make the neccessary changes to the permissions.

Thanks,

Dhruv
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Please check if functionality works

Post by Dhruv »

Hi,

I have now restored pretty much all the basic functions of the old site.  The various new categories are back and you should be able to access
  • The Chat Room
  • The Forums
  • The PhotoAlbum
(although I haven't restored the photos yet)
  • Submit News
(if you could earlier)
[/list]

Please check this and let me know if all is well in the world.  Also please respond in this thread so I know that is the case.  I have made various sections such as
  • Tennis
  • Football
  • Other Sports
These sections can and will have player pages/profiles/information press releases on them as well. I need help with two different things....
  • Suggestions of players to put in there
  • Volunteers to help maintain those particular player pages
All responses can be put in this thread.

Thanks once again.
meyyis

Post by meyyis »

Dhruv,

Why are the 'Economic & General Development', 'Buy,Sell & Trade', 'General Chit Chat', 'Archived Threads' sections appaearing under the Indian Football.com sub section??
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Fixed.  There were some database error that I have been fixing.  Though these ones have been around for a looooong long while.(from when I initially changed boards) No-one had mentioned it :-).  It should be fine now.  The DB is sorted as well.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

The site was down late last night/early morning UK time as making some changes to hopefully make stuff a bit more secure.  will give advance notice next time :-)
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

I have uploaded all the galleries and the site should now be pretty much complete.  There are things still missing like the wiki, blogs etc but no-one ever used them after the first couple of days :-(

Also if anyone wants to write news articles for the front page please let me know and I will add you to the authors list.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I am no longer able to post sports news on the front page of the forum, as I was able to do in the past. How does one get this ability back, Dhruv? I notice your last post mentions this: yes, I'd like to be registered again as a potential author. Thanks!
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Hi PKB. You should be able to do so by clicking on manage content in the menu.  The menu description has changed and (I think) the process has been made easier.  However, I could be wrong.  You should be able to see the menu item.  If you don't see the menu item let me know.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I posted my golf news but I am not able to publish it.  Earlier I could click on unpublished news and click OK but I don't see the OK button anymore.  Can someone publish the golf news for me?  Thanks.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Done although you should see a published/unpublished drop down box when you are typing up the articles on the second tab at the bottom. (If you have permissions).  Its in the same place where you choose if it goes to the frontpage or not, so if you can see that you should see the published/unpublished button as well.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Thanks Dhruv and I will try to look it up when I write my next news report.