IMPORTANT! If it asks you to change password...

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Repairs/Changes to the site

Post by jayakris »

True.  I think my problem may be that it needs scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the left for the "Unpublished Items" link, and I forget to do that frequently.  OK, I will be much more careful from now on.  It is the second time that PKB has brought this up...
Jay
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

I have been slack in on the article front but I'll make sure I check everytime I log on.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Chnaged the order of the items on the frontpage.  It should show up higher on the page now....
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Hi Dhruv,

Can we get rid of the user "dunksb" who seems to be intent on peddling his merchandise and nothing else?

Suresh
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

These link spammers are wasting time for the regular readers here. Can we bar posts with links at the end? That may prevent some genuine signatures and that is a problem, but, if anyone has any other suggestions how to end this nuisance than Jay having to manually delete each of them would be good.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yeah, they are a pain. Forthe time being though, I think it is manageable among us moderators. If link spammimng keeps increasing, we will need to do something... Jay
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

prasen9 wrote:These link spammers are wasting time for the regular readers here. Can we bar posts with links at the end? That may prevent some genuine signatures and that is a problem, but, if anyone has any other suggestions how to end this nuisance than Jay having to manually delete each of them would be good.
I'll try to do something about it next week. Hopefully I'll have some time off....
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

We could not access any thread in the past 2 days. Was it due to some maintenance work or some unanticipated trouble?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yes, there was a (very rare) crash for a couple of days. Dhruv in London, the founder and administrator, happened to be busy at work, and saw it only after we sent an email to his work address. He quickly fixed it though. My fault - I should have kept his phone number handy :) ..

Jay
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Hello Dhruv,Wish u a merry X-mas and Happy new year.

BTW,shall we have games in this forum,since i think ours is the only one which doesn't have anything like this.For eg,in tennis it will be interesting to have games such as PYW(Pick Your Winner).This will be optimistic only for Indian ITF Tourneys.
Waiting for ur reply.Bye.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Don't think there has ever been a demand before. Other forums have games such as the one you have mentioned. If you want to start such a game I wouldn't want to see too many threads for the same tournament so I would suggest keeping it within the tournament thread, if there is one.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Some years ago there were some "pick the draw for Grand Slams" type games - perhaps it was gvhvhg who did the organizing? I don't think that there was much demand.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

So if there is no intention for anyone to have such games then pls regret me for such a query.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Bujilover,

It is not that there is no 'intention' to have such games; rather, there is little interest. We do have the March madness occasionally (Jaydeep runs that) and we were regular (weekly) hosts of a fantasy golf tournament that has now been in hibernation.

This forum, more than any else I've seen, is truly run by its members. If you have an appealing idea, by all means put it forward. If it appeals to several people, it will take off. Just start a thread.

Thanks.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Hi all,

I've just run a few updates to the site so just let me know if everything is working fine or not. It should be but every so often unforeseen errors do creep in.

Thanks,

Dhruv