Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Post by jaydeep »

S_K_S wrote:Tech whizz Jaydeep has found the problem but it's something that Dhruv has to fix so hang in there
:tomato: :oops: :tomato:

Dhruv sorted out the mentioned problem with disabling visual verification for PMs.

Jaydeep.
Kothai

Post by Kothai »

Thanks Dhruv
Bharat Bhushan Sharma

Post by Bharat Bhushan Sharma »

Dhruv,

I changed my e-mail address and I received an email that I should click on the link provided to activate it; however, after doing so I got a reply that a new password would be sent to me, but I have not received it after an hour or so.  I created a new account, but would prefer to keep my old account. 
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Probably all as a result of the changes that I have recently done.  Read the announcements forum.  Password and stuff across both the forums and the main site will be broken.

Account activated.

People lease try and make minimal changes to your accounts over the next month or so while I get some of this stuff sorted....

Thanks.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Thanks Dhruv.  Will listen to you.  :D
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I can't seem to be able to find the icon that will enable me to post a News item, specifically for the front page. The only thing that shows up on the Main Menu is "Archived News Items", and nothing on publishing news items. Wanted to post the news of Daniel Chopra's fantastic in the Mercedes Benz championship.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

PKB,

I am in the same boat as you.  I wrote a story about Daniel Chopra's victory and I cannot submit the news.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

It's because of the changes I wrote about yesterday.  The forum and the site are no longer integrated.  As a temporary workaround I have now put in two login forms on the left hand menu....

The first will log you in to the forums like normal but will only allow you enter posts in the forums.

If you want to add articles, enter the chat forum, add photos to the galleries etc you will need to also enter your username and password in the bottom login form.  This will be exactly the same as the your regular forum and password (other than possibly for BSharma who changed his password yesterday so maybe the old password will be required).

Hopefully this disconnect will not last very long.
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

How about having a live scoring page similar to the one that the BBC have?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7249346.stm

My suggestion would be that we would have an option on the main menu that would be called "Live Scoring". When a particular match was on that we could provide live scoring for then people could just click on the live scoring link to take us to that page.

It would prevent the individual tournament threads from becoming clogged up with scores.

The comments in the live scoring page could be archived every week. Mods could move any interesting posts from the live scoring page to the relevant player thread or tournament thread.
puneets

Post by puneets »

What's this 'Test forum' link ? I clicked on it and found the phpbb format better than the current one that we have.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

It is part of the new format site I am testing.  Should be ready soon hopefully.  Maybe a day or so of downtime when the switch happens though.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I seem to have again lost the icon that would enable me to post a News item.

I think it is worth posting a brief story on world champion Vishwanathan Anand retaining the Linares/Morelia title. The Linares tournament is considered the "Wimbledon of chess" (although restricted to a field comprising just the top 8 players in the world, now played in two locations -- Mexico and Spain -- in a double round-robin format). Anand won it last year, and has just retained his title -- the third time he has won Linares. Congratulations to Anand!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Still can't post a news item. Tried to log in a second time, but my password wasn't accepted.

I would very much like to write a story on India's terrific day in the Davis Cup, but can't do it!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Dhruv,

One problem, when new entry is added in '$15K China F3/ F4 - Taizhou (14th & 21st April )' thread then new multiple entries r added in Latest News Reports ... Until now more than 25 entries r added.

Jaydeep.
Ara

Post by Ara »

Hi guys...not able to send PM...as it keeps coming bk to the same screen (where u type the message)...