Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Post by PKBasu »

Thanks, Bhushan!

I will try to follow your suggestions the next time I post something for the main page. Thanks!
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Okay. I am going make this request again and see where it goes! :)

Here is the URL for recent posts on the forum:
index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&action=recent

Can Dhruv or somebody just add an option to it so that I can pick a particular topic (from a list) to avoid seeing posts in that topic?  This topic list could be from the "jump to" field at bottom of each thread.

Actually it could be some thing like:
1.   "-"  (minus) 
would list all recent posts except for the ones in the topic mentioned

2.   "="  (equal)   
would list all recent posts in the "topic" mentioned.

It is horrible to come to forum after some time and see all the recent posts being eaten up by the "bug posts" (if you know what I mean)!!  Jay, PKB, prasen9 are probably the chief culprits!  :wink: 

cheers
-kujo
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

I think we have done OK in at least not allowing too many "bug" threads at a time.

Wow, I am with the bug crowd now? .. I feel honored!

Jay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I tried to publish a piece on the cricket triumph last night, but have not yet succeeded in doing so. It still shows up as an "Unpublished Item" for me, although I have now followed Bhushan's advice/instructions. Could someone (Jay, Bhushan, Dhruv) please complete the publication process (and let me know whether I am authorised to publish my own stuff, or should pm someone the next time I need to publish something). 
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

PKB,

I published your cricket report for you and I do not know why you are not able to publish it.  Perhaps you may check with Dhruv about it.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Actually I published the cricket report.  Were we both cliking the "publish" button at the same time?  Jay
suresh

Post by suresh »

I propose that Sameer (sameerph) be made a moderator. I am truly amazed to see how he manages to update scores on a regular basis (something only Jaydeep can match).

Suresh
puneets

Post by puneets »

Actually I published the cricket report.  Were we both cliking the "publish" button at the same time?  Jay
Jay - After the bogus voting scandal in "Who should be the next captain" thread, this sounds a bit fishy  :devil: :D

just kidding.  :D
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Kujo,

I am contemplating upgrading the forum.  I will either switch to phpBB 3.0(now in RC5) (www.phpbb.com)  or SMF v2 (www.simplemachines.org) (now in Beta) in a few months once finalized. So the changes you've requested will have to go on hold until then.

In the meantime if you guys (and girls) have a preference in the forum software that you prefer to use let me know.  I guess we could also use Invision or Vbulletin etc. though really the ones I've mentioned above should be sufficient for purpose.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dhruv
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Thanks Dhruv.   What, one more switch, so soon? You must be having a lot of free time!  :kookoo: I would say, no to PhbBB simply because, we are using SMF already and probably better to upgrade (to V2) on the same software.

I went looking for a solution in the SMF site and found one.  Here is the link.  It looks promising for sure.
Description:
Using this mod, forum users can choose which boards they wish to monitor in a recent posts listing.

The user settings are available at the profile section. Beneath the "look and layout preferences" users will find a new item called "Recent posts preferences".

This mod is compatible with all versions of 1.1, including the RC's.

Let me know whether this is an easier thing to do.... :)

cheers
-kujo
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I wrote:
PKB,

I published your cricket report for you and I do not know why you are not able to publish it.  Perhaps you may check with Dhruv about it.
and Jay replied:
jayakris wrote: Actually I published the cricket report.  Were we both cliking the "publish" button at the same time?  Jay
I noticed that Jay was on-line when I entered the discussion forum and perhaps we were both trying to publish PKB's masterpiece.  It either pours or there is a drought with PKB's commentaries regarding their publication at Sports-India.  They go unpublished for a day or longer, or two people are fighting with each other trying to publish them.  :D
nballa

Post by nballa »

as much as i love reading the news we need proper columinsts with a sense of humor to write some good articles for the front page. we already have thousands of online newspapers where we get the news so we dont have to come here to find out that india defeated pakistan or anand wins the world championship.

we have our nirmal shekars(reporters) we need raju bharatans(columnists)
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

nballa wrote: as much as i love reading the news we need proper columinsts with a sense of humor to write some good articles for the front page. we already have thousands of online newspapers where we get the news so we dont have to come here to find out that india defeated pakistan or anand wins the world championship.

we have our nirmal shekars(reporters) we need raju bharatans(columnists)
I would like to commend Naveen Balla for suggesting that Sports-India's front page news should be more in line with those of a columnist.  More about it later…

One of the interesting aspects of getting older is that one has to jumpstart the heart in the morning or else one remains in hibernation all day long in the bed.  Well, to get my heart ticking, I could drink a cup of coffee in the morning or read nballa’s latest post at Sports-India.  I enjoy the latter because not only it saves me money at Starbucks, but it also gets my brain to stop producing delta waves.  :wink:  :D

Now back to Naveen’s post about news on the front page.  PKB rarely reports news only; his posts in various threads and news on the front page are full of his colorful writings about his perspectives and sports history.  I may not always agree with PKB’s posts every time, but I look forward to reading them and enjoy them because he says it the way he sees it – no ifs and buts.  :notworthy:

Now if Naveen has complaints about my front page news being like nirmal shekars and not ala raju bharatans, I can certainly agree with him … just don’t tell Nirmal Shekhar about him being compared to a silly doc in Tulsa.  On the other hand, I have been too lazy to write any news reports or columns in the past few months and my older reports were eaten up when the website was attacked by some hungry hackers.  :damn:

PKB and Jay are two people who have busy schedules at work and still find time to do what they do at Sports-India and for Indian sportsmen and women.  It is easy to ask them to write columns and not report them as news, but they are not paid journalists whose profession is to write columns.  Would Naveen be willing to walk a mile in the shoes of Jay or PKB and take on the task of being the “Raju Bharatan” of Sports-India? 

Memo to PKB and Jay: Be careful when Naveen comes to you to walk in your shoes because you and your expensive pair of shoes and your favorite old Bata chappal are going to be separated by a mile or more.  :wink:

So Naveen “Raju Bharatan” Balla, when are we going to see your first column at Sports-India?  :D
cowboy

India f9, f10 futures

Post by cowboy »

Pretty competitive entry list for India f9, none of the indian players will be seeded. Thought Karan was going to play these.

Main Draw - Last Modified: 02 Oct 2007
Pos Name Nation Ranking Prot'd Points Priority Information
1 CERVENAK, Pavol SVK 334 1
2 CRACIUN, Teodor-Dacian ROU 405 1
3 EITZINGER, Rainer AUT 414 1
4 CEROVIC, Ivan CRO 452 1
5 VALTZER, Dekel ISR 521 1
6 MADJAROVSKI, Darko SRB 528 1
7 GAVRILA, Adrian-Vasile ROU 535 1
8 KEDRYUK, Alexey KAZ 538 1
9 SEMJAN, Marek SVK 540 1
10 SIPAEYA, Sunil-Kumar IND 599 1
11 SHARAN, Divij IND 616 1
12 SINGH, Ashutosh IND 657 1
13 MADKEKAR, Aditya IND 661 1
14 OSWALD, Philipp AUT 700 1
15 KANNAN, Vijay IND 707= 1
16 SINGH, Navdeep IND 731 1
17 SHOKEEN, Vivek IND 757= 1
nballa

Post by nballa »

BSharma wrote: So Naveen “Raju Bharatan” Balla, when are we going to see your first column at Sports-India?  :D
me writing columns for sports-india is more out pf place than
narain karthikeyen sitting the judges chair and pretending to
listen to yet another miss india contestant who single handedly
wants to eliminate world poverty and aids.
it takes me a couple of hours to stitch togther a post let alone
a 500 word column.