Source for Indian players schedule

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

VReddy
Please enter the middle number: 1

Source for Indian players schedule

Post by VReddy »

Not sure if this is the right section - I was curious to know how do you all tend to keep track of Indian players schedule and post updates on this forum? Especially for non-ATP/WTA events.

I am hoping to see Indian players in action on the weekends whenever they are participating in Western Europe. I see lot of the updates around participation in Belgium, Germany, Italy but I tend to become aware of it only after it is posted here which makes it too late to make a trip there. I try to look at the ITF site for futures but the entry sheets are not shared till a week before.

Thankfully I read about Dipa's likely participation in Budapest in October - so will try to be there since I wanted to visit that city anyway. Just wanted to tap into you all's knowledge here on how to be on top of this.
suresh

Re: Source for Indian players schedule

Post by suresh »

Sameer, Jaideep and Vatsal are the main sources of information for this forum. They look at entry lists, FB/twitter posts of players. Vassal, a tennis player himself, knows several of the players. But you know all this, Vishnu, as a long term member of this forum, right? I am writing this post to thank those guys (and others who have not been named by me) for doing the hard work.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

ITF futures entry lists are out 2 weeks in advance, Vishnu. Nowadays, they also have qualifying entry lists at that level. So, it is easier to track who is playing where at futures and womens events upto 75K level.

Difficult to keep track as to who is playing in ATP challenger qualies. There is no advance entry lists for that and players can sign on the day the draw is made.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Vatsal has been doing such a super job (as have sameer and jaydeep for a long time), in tracking our players. I was helping till a couple of years ago, but we never missed a beat after I kinda disappeared!
vatsal323

Post by vatsal323 »

jayakris wrote:Vatsal has been doing such a super job (as have sameer and jaydeep for a long time), in tracking our players. I was helping till a couple of years ago, but we never missed a beat after I kinda disappeared!
Thanks Jay!
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

suresh wrote:Sameer, Jaideep and Vatsal are the main sources of information for this forum. They look at entry lists, FB/twitter posts of players. Vassal, a tennis player himself, knows several of the players. But you know all this, Vishnu, as a long term member of this forum, right? I am writing this post to thank those guys (and others who have not been named by me) for doing the hard work.
Thank you, Suresh. Yes - I am aware, was just in two minds to take the names directly. Thanks a lot, Sameer, Jaydeep, Vatsal for doing all the hardwork for so many years (and Jay obviously). Hopefully I and others can pitch in too and balance the load :)

I remember ajay, arunava, and others used to help with non-Tennis updates - hopefully they will be back soon too.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Thank you Sameer for the additional detail on the entry lists. Based on the information thats been shared here and some additional research, collated all the Domestic / International Calendars for the Sports that we care about onto one sheet

Attached the screenshot. Sheet link incase others find it useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I was hoping against hope for any semi-automated service that might exist where I could list the country, it would collate all the events for X period of time tagged with that country attribute. For example in the current state of affairs, I / We probably need to still regularly check those 35-40 links on a regular basis to capture the entry lists / withdrawals / etc,. which is huge workload by itself.

There are firms like stats.com which do provide an XML feed which do exactly that for sports like Tennis, Basketball, Football, Rugby, etc,. but they don't seem to have a free version for non-commercial users like us :tomato: .

Anyway - I just organized the links for most of the sports in one sheet to make it easier (atleast for me).
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Vishnu for kind words but many other chipped in for following and updating our forum ... So BIG thanks to all forum members for doing this.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Thanks, Vishnu for some nice work in that spreadsheet.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Another request for Sameer, Jaydeep, Vatsal and others. Any good source to track the entry list of tournaments? Context: WTA Gstaad Qualies are happening this weekend and I want to go there incase Ankita or some Swiss players like Leonie (Küng), Simona (Waltert) are playing there

I am using this site as a proxy for Player schedules say like Yuki, Ram, etc,.: http://coric.top/en/schedule/wta/. Just wondering if there is a better mechanism here.

Thanks again for your help!
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Ankita is playing the $60K Bursa Challemger in Turkey next week where she will be one of the top 8 seeds. And she is also in the Q list for the $80K Prague Challenger after that.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Hey Vishnu, no special sites ... We follow almost similar sites which Sameer shared multiple times.

http://www.tennisteen.it/entry-list.html
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

Thank you Jaydeep, Bujilover. I wish the guys at Infosys solved this problem being the tech partners... organize the data in such a way and make the APIs publicly available that we can pull it ourselves. I just wish a dashboard existed where I could look for all Indian participation next week (across all tennis formats/levels).

I guess I will skip WTA Gstaad then. Thanks guys.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

VReddy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 pm Thank you Jaydeep, Bujilover. I wish the guys at Infosys solved this problem being the tech partners... organize the data in such a way and make the APIs publicly available that we can pull it ourselves. I just wish a dashboard existed where I could look for all Indian participation next week (across all tennis formats/levels).
I worked for Infosys for 5 years , I had to quit when they acquired this project but I believe they only work with ATP. Unless and until someone passionate about tennis takes extra time to do that and share it in a public space, it is impossible for us to expect from ATP/WTA.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Vishnu, can it be added to the special projects bucket at Google? :)
Or, why don't we do it? A group of us chip in our time and $$? I am willing to put down some $$ for this. No other expectations but it could lead to something bigger...