Leander vs Agassi - 1996 US Open

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

cricketics

Leander vs Agassi - 1996 US Open

Post by cricketics »

This game was played after the Atlanta olympics in which Leander finished with Bronze and Agassi with Gold.

Check out the shot at 1:05. Shot of the match from Leander. What a classy player he used to be back in the days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7rX5_pPIQ

Just felt like sharing this gold video.
punarayan

Re: Leander vs Agassi - 1996 US Open

Post by punarayan »

Thanks for posting this video - it is a reminder of a memorable match which I saw first hand and hasn't left me after more than a decade. First of all Lee was a tiger and had all those who came to root for Agassi switch their allegiance! But Agassi employed some gamesmanship that day and complained to the umpire about Lee's emphatic roar as he blasted forehands for winners. Some where in the late second set Lee's fire was douched with Agassi's bad behavior. But, for the first part of the match Lee was just playing some kamakazi tennis with do or die raids to the net. I had the opportunity to congratulate Lee that day and he was very graceful. All my son's friends who loved Agassi were enthralled with Lee forever and are still true fans of Lee. Thanks Mr Cricketics!
cricketics

Post by cricketics »

Good to hear from you Sir. I was hoping someone would have watched this game live and would come and comment on this thread. No better person than you who has been to so many US Opens. I wish I could see Leander Paes play singles, live in front of me.

It was a dream to see India win cricket world cup. Now It's a dream to see an Indian win a grand slam event.
prassana
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by prassana »

Great video :D thanks so much :clap: :D