The olympics team pairing thread

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

Kim

Re: The olympics team pairing thread

Post by Kim »

Yes Jay...a bit harsh I suppose but you know how long and hard I have supported our guys. And yes there were many facets to the story and I agree that many people are to blame. The facts however are indisputable. This began and ended the minute both the morons said they wouldn't play with Paes. Period. Ego over country. There isn't anything else to say. I would have hoped though that at the very least ego would have seen them through....but when they got hammered at Wimby and then the Olympics it was clear that their ego trumped not only country but also their abilities. Sad all around.

Kim
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: The olympics team pairing thread

Post by PKBasu »

Kumar wrote:I think we were unlucky that LP - MB played 4 grandslams together and none of those grand slam was on clay (they would have definitely won a medal on clay)

i felt that grass was the next best chance and with grass being so bad, it could have really worked out.. but their ego was more important than winning the medal. they made their bed .. let them lie in it (face whatever brickbats/bouquets).
Italics added by me in Kumar's quote.

Kumar, I presume you meant 4 Olympics together.