Improving Your Tennis

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

Marcel
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Improving Your Tennis

Post by Marcel »

Thanks for the provided information. I'm curious to find out if it will improve my game. :)
yoctoinc
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Your Favorite Tennis Racquet

Post by yoctoinc »

I just had a look at Babolat Aero Pro Drive Cortex on <link deleted> which is also nadal's racquet and my favorite
which one is your favorite

[The link had to be removed. That is our policy, when we suspect that it may be for website publicizing purposes. The discussion topic is welcome, so the post is approved. Moderator, Jay]
Omkara

First day with the racquet

Post by Omkara »

After following this game for over 17 years, i finally got the oppurtunity to learn it. I completed my second session today and I agree it's a tough sports to play. Basic fitness level requirement is very high and the racquet is heavy. But tennis is fun. The experience of an effortless shot is beyond description. I look forward to do it consistantly.

I was having a chat with my coach, a young mid-twenty guy. He never ventured beyond state level tennis but looked happy with his current assignments. Between 7 pm and 11 pm he trains some 45 odd people everyday. All of them office goers, willing to sweat it out after a day in the office A/C. The problem of lack of courts persist. I don't think its an expensive game. 2 racquets and a set of 3 balls cost me only 1500 rupees.... more than what i spend on myself every time I go out on Friday nights!
bujilover

Re: First day with the racquet

Post by bujilover »

Good luck with that new assignment Omkara..Enjoy.. :D
suresh

Post by suresh »

You should see if you can used tennis balls -- these are usually sold at a lower price and are good enough for beginners. I don't know where one buys these balls but clubs used by pros might be a good place.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

well tennis balls are part of fees I pay for using facility and coach. Its only 800 a month for beginner!
Stilwell

What is your favorite tennis shoe brand?

Post by Stilwell »

I'm looking for some new tennis shoes and I'm not sure which brand to get. I'm 14 and I want to start exercising more but I need some shoes to do that. I'm planning on running a little bit and also using the shoes for basic things. So, what is your favorite brand of tennis shoes? What are you wearing?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Ravishankar Krishnan

Post by Ravishankar Krishnan »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But am looking to gift a racket for about 5k or lesser. This is for someone who played tennis last about 10 years ago, so he is not exactly a beginner. Would be grateful if the community has any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Ravishankar
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Not sure gifting a racket is a good idea because racket preferences are so individualistic. It's a function of grip size, head size, weight, feel and ultimately how they play - as in with spin or power. If it was me I'd rather someone gave me the money to buy my own :D

Saying all that all the major manufactures have "intermediate" rackets which I guess is what you are describing the persons skill level as being. Babolat Pure Aero, Wilson Ultra 100, Head Graphene XT Radical MPA and Yonex Ezone DR100 are some of the best. Not sure about Indian prices but you may struggle to get them for 5K but it will give you a good indicator of what to look for.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I second that. Don't gift a racquet. If it is not the one I play with, I may try it but chances are that it will sit in my closet. Maybe a gift card from a sporting/tennis store?
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Choosing the right Racket is the most difficult job , weight , flexibility , head size , stiffness , durability are all so difficult to combine in one single unit. And it is difficult to make the right choice unless your friend has something in mind.
Last month I was gifted Babolat , Thiem , Pure Strike and after one game is now consigned to the closet , So stiff and heavy for me and shame to see a Brand New Stick going waste.