AITA News .....

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: AITA News .....

Post by arjun2761 »

Sanjay wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:23 pm Not sure where to put this..

Indian tennis players affected by Covid, some on verge of making career switch
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/ ... 63453.html

This makes complete sense rationally. If you are over 25-26 and outside the top 400 (i.e., never cracked top 400), the chances of making a viable living while playing tennis is pretty low. So, academics is a far more viable option at that stage as they are still not too old to start an academic/business/government career. The other option is to keep plugging away and then transition to a tennis coaching career. I'm not sure what the coaching career options are in India. In the US, it is a viable option but is pretty low paying from what I can see.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: AITA News .....

Post by prasen9 »

The other other option is to keep plugging away to the extent possible and then taking some courses to complete their academics and getting on with life. While India has some academic options close based on age and some places it is harder to come back and do things, at others, especially, if you say you took time off for tennis, there are options to get degrees, etc. So, academics will always be there. It is a case of how long can one slog away with a lot of travel, no money, pinching pennies, making things work. How much one can tolerate will vary from person to person.