Post Contact Info For New Spreadsheet

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Post Contact Info For New Spreadsheet

Post by Omkara »

SaniaFan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:02 pm
Omkara wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am This is an interesting thread. Imagine if everyone got our number and started a WhatsApp group. We would be so bugged. 5000 messages a day. Pkb and prasen fighting on some point. :D Saniafan or whosoever that individual was (with double eye girl as profile pic), constantly ranting against Sania Mirza. good this thread never became big.
:mad:
Apologies, Saniafan. It was indeed Sania Power.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:55 pm ^^^ Haha, that was Saniapower! I miss that dude. Was the definition of a trouble-maker, but was a good sport too, all said and done.
While I agree the dude knew a lot about sports, he was alone responsible for many of the forum regulars leaving and never coming back. Too much negativity.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I'd forgotten this thread. Eventually we didn't use it that often to host tennis players. I once offered to host Ramkumar in KL, but he had already found accommodation with someone else. And Harsh once used my small flat in Kolkata for the grass court nationals (at a time when I was living in Singapore); my dad and mom had a meal with him at Tollygunge Club, and my dad waxed eloquent about playing club cricket against his cricketing hero, Vinoo Mankad. I could certainly have helped players out for Singapore Challengers on a few occasions. I didn't get to host them at home, but I did have events at the India Club Singapore with Yuki Bhambri, Vijay Amritraj (twice) and Sania Mirza. Didn't manage one with Ankita Raina, but saw her win the Singapore title, beating Arantxa Rus (then ranked around 113) in the final (2 and 3).
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Speaking of Tulus, the great Vijayanagar empire reached its zenith under the Tuluva dynasty (including the great Krishnadeva Raya), although it was thought of as a "Telugu" kingdom -- as most of the noblemen were Telugu speakers, with Kannadiga as the next most widely spoken language in the realm, followed by Tamil and then Odiya (after the conquest of the Ganga dynasty in Kalinga/Odisha).

The charisma of the Vijayanagara Tuluva dynasty lasted well beyond their defeat at Talikota in 1556 by the combined armies of the 5 Muslim sultanates of the Deccan (and their utter decimation of Vijaynagar's capital, which Europeans had described as the greatest and most prosperous city on earth). The last 5 kings of Kandy (Ceylon's last independent kingdom, which only fell to the British in 1815 -- and never to the Dutch and Portuguese, who had ruled parts of the island for 150 years each) were Telugu speaking Nayaks, descended from Nayaks of Vijayanagar. After their defeat, they were expelled and settled back in their 'native' Madurai. The Wodeyar dynasty that ruled Mysore until the abolition of privy purses in 1970-71 were also descended from a Nayak family of Vijayanagar. That association gave them a royal charisma.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 am Haha, it only took me 10 years to come back and remind everybody to feel free to leave your contact info here.

Give us some way to reach you and check on you If any of you disappear for a long time, that is. Not serious details that can be used by criminals to drain your bank account or anything! In my case, you can always contact Department of Civil Engineering at University of California, Irvine, to check what happened to the crazy professor Jayakrishnan -- if I disappear for 3-4 months at a stretch and nobody here knows my phone number (of course, a few here do know my phone number!).

I thought of this today, and went searching for the thread, as we are still worrying about what happened to Jai_in_Canada suddenly several months ago. It looks like nobody knows how to check on Jai.
Not getting doxxed on the internet but happy to DM

Are our players able to find places to stay easily these days?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Didn't realise that Gautam (Belday) is married to a Gujju. I am married to a Punjabi. And of course, we know now that Jay (Malayali) is married to a Tulu. Nice national integration through marriage going on...even among the scattered diaspora :-)
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

PKBasu wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:43 am Didn't realise that Gautam (Belday) is married to a Gujju. I am married to a Punjabi. And of course, we know now that Jay (Malayali) is married to a Tulu. Nice national integration through marriage going on...even among the scattered diaspora :-)
Add me to that list .. me a Gujju married to a Sindhi :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Bengali married to nobody. My son is an international integration though - half Bengali, half mixed European. :-) Maybe my daughter too, sort of. Half East (Bangladeshi) and half West Bengali. Or more like intra-state intrgration ;-)
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Omkara wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am ... Pkb and prasen fighting on some point. :D
Man, now I really realize that I have gotten old. I have not really fought PKB in quite a while. Can't remember what the last issue was ...

I am connected to Suresh, PKB, and Gautam on FB. So, I guess if I disappear they can check there.