Moderator: Moderators

amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post Contact Info For New Spreadsheet

Post by amr090 »

Hey all,

for those of you that are interested I am creating a spreadsheet which hopes to list the name, email, location, and phone number of people who are interested in housing a tennis player if needed.

This spreadsheet will be privately maintained by moderators of this forum and kept and not released to anyone other than an Indian tennis player who requests lodging for the time that they are at a tournament.

Please post or personal message me (preferred to maintain your privacy) if you are interested in participating.

Thanks,

Arun
Last edited by S_K_S on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Re: Post Contact Info For New Spreadsheet

Post by amr090 »

can one of the moderators make this a sticky in all the tennis forums? thanks...
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Arun - let me know if I can help in any way in this very useful work...

Jay
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Jay several people have already messaged me with their information, can you pm me yours as well, so I can add you to it?  Once it gets to be a sizable list of 10-15 names I will send you a copy so you can use as you see fit, and we can continously update as necessary. 

Obviously there is no need to release all the private info to everyone but if and when necessary, a relevant name and contact info can be released to player for the purpose of accomodation, etc for a particular tournament.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Thanks Arun for your work on this.  Once you have the list compiled, it should somehow be made available to the players.  Not sure what your thoughts are!
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Yeah that is what I plan to do, see my above comments...
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

This is an excellent idea. The moderators already have my contact info, and I have theirs' as well as several others' on the forum (Jay, Dhruv, Samarth, kujo, Jaydeep, Kumar, Saandeep -- although his may have changed -- Harsh, a15, the Mirzas...but somehow not Bhushan's!). But I will send mine to Arun as well. (I notice that Arun has very wide access to a large number of our players -- Prakash, Divij, the Uberois, etc.). I think it's very useful to be able to stay in touch with each other, so the larger each of our databases become, the better the chances of being able to coordinate action.
If we can coordinate help for the players, that will be an immensely useful service.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

yes exactly pkb, if we can develop a worldwide database of people willing to host our players, it can become very useful for them to use and call/email one of us up if they do indeed need accomodation or even an airport pickup or something.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

PKBasu wrote: This is an excellent idea. The moderators already have my contact info, and I have theirs' as well as several others' on the forum (Jay, Dhruv, Samarth, kujo, Jaydeep, Kumar, Saandeep -- although his may have changed -- Harsh, a15, the Mirzas...but somehow not Bhushan's!).
PKB,

I will send my contact info right away to you and Arun.  :D
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Arun, I have messaged you my address, though it may not be very useful as I am living in India.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Sandeep, of course it is useful, players may need free accomodation in India as well.  The list is currently at 10 names.  I hope to have at least 30-40 names by the end of this.

I am subdividing the spreadsheet into regions, and I hope to also add a section which includes tournaments near the locations of the listed contacts so it can help players see where free accomodations for actual tournaments are available by our members.

Frequent posters who have yet to send me info include:

Jay, Samarth (S_K_S), Jaydeep, gvhvhg (Ashish), prasen9, arjun, jai_in_canada, Varma, genius, Insider, krinix.

No pressure on you guys, but this is your chance to actually have a hand in helping our players succeed as opposed to just hoping for it. :D  I encourage anyone interested to send me their information.  It will be nice if we can get a list of 30-40 people all over the world willing to host.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

amr090 wrote: ... I encourage anyone interested to send me their information.  It will be nice if we can get a list of 30-40 people all over the world willing to host.
Arun,

You have taken up a noble job of putting information together to help the Indian players and I applaud you for doing so. 

There may be valid reasons why some members may have not come forward to be included in the list and it does not mean that they are not supportive of the players.  Some may find it difficult to host players in their homes, but would be willing to cheer for them at the tournament or take them out for dinner to a restaurant or bring them to their house for some home-cooked Indian meal, and few might help them with transport between airport and hotel only.  Let us not make the list to mean that members would have to do everything for the players or that they are obligated to help every player who comes to their city. 

There may be good reasons why some members may want to remain anonymous in the forum and they have a right to do so. 

These are just my views and I am not trying to speak for others. :D
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Have pm'ed you
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I am just running late in PM ing you, that's all ... Here comes .. 

R. Jayakrishnan, Irvine, CA, USA (Address/Phone PM'ed to Arun)
Wife's name:  Sunalini Hegde
Details: I am a Malayali from Kerala; my wife is a Tulu/Kannadiga.   We can speak those three languages and some little Hindi.   We are not strict vegetarians and eat all meat including beef, though not that often.   We both work, but I have a flexible schedule to drive players to and from tournaments within reasonable driving distance.  We have a 15 year old and a 9 year old.   Have an extra bedroom.

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

jayakris wrote: I am just running late in PM ing you, that's all ... Here comes .. 

R. Jayakrishnan, Irvine, CA, USA (Address/Phone PM'ed to Arun)
Wife's name:  Sunalini Hegde
Details: I am a Malayali from Kerala; my wife is a Tulu/Kannadiga.   
Jay
One of my best friends and his wife in Tulsa speak Tulu and one of my best friends (Jay) outside Tulsa has a wife who speaks Tulu.  Now I have got two places where I can eat idli, dosa and sambhar - my favorite Indian food.  :D  My friend in Tulsa is a Udupa.