General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

SI Moderators - Compliments and Suggestions

Post by BSharma »

Sports-India often runs like a well oiled machine and it occasionally stutters when moderators forget to change the title of a thread although Shaili makes sure that moderators stay on their toes.  The members are usually on their best behavior except when Sania is not playing in a tournament or Dravid is not making mistakes on the cricket field.  Sports-India is one place that I look forward to visiting every day.  :D

Much of the credit of a thriving sports forum goes to the membership, but behind every successful venture are a group of people that ensure its success.  In the case of Sports-India, these people are the moderators.  :notworthy:  They have their unique style of keeping Sports-India functioning well -- Jay keeps it alive with his many insightful posts and his gentle nudging of the members when they go astray once in a while; Samarth is the "enforcer" and carries the big stick probably because none of the other moderators want to do the "dirty" job, and the rest are busy these days and are not seen much.

My thanks go to Jay and Samarth and the other moderators for keeping Sports-India the way it is -- a place where friends can meet and discuss Indian sports over a cup of tea, coffee, or some other beverage of choice while sitting in our homes or offices. 

Some of the Sports-India moderators have become very busy lately leaving Jay and Samarth as the only two left to play this important role.  Perhaps it is time for Dhruv, Jay and other moderators to rein in a couple of members to become moderators.  I can think of several members who would be appropriate for this important role and I am sure that they would volunteer or be drafted, if asked to do so by Dhruv, Jay, et al. 
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: SI Moderators - Compliments and Suggestions

Post by jayakris »

Thanks for the kind words, Bhushan.  Those like Jaydeep are also doing their part.   Actually I just posted something to the moderators' forum with the suggestion of another new moderator to add, if it is time..  Do PM Dhruv if you think of good candidates.  He is the one with the real "power" :)

You are right about Sam wielding the stick.  I am too much of a push-over :)

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by BSharma »

jayakris wrote: Thanks for the kind words, Bhushan.  Those like Jaydeep are also doing their part.  Jay
How could I have forgotten my nephew, Jaydeep?  :oops:  :tomato:
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

Thanks Bhushan but I hardly do anything compared to others. The little that I do can never make up for the enjoyment that the site gives to me and the friendships that it has helped to build.