ATP Tennis/Non-India Davis Cup

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: ATP Tennis/Non-India Davis Cup

Post by PKBasu »

Fantastic match from Chung Hyeon to beat Novak at his own game. The forehand down the line passing shots just kept coming from Chung. And the acute angles he was able to generate to pass him whenever Novak came to the net. He will win a Slam this year.
fabshab
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by fabshab »

PKBasu wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 pm Fantastic match from Chung Hyeon to beat Novak at his own game. The forehand down the line passing shots just kept coming from Chung. And the acute angles he was able to generate to pass him whenever Novak came to the net. He will win a Slam this year.
If he is winning a title as big as a grand slam this year then it has to be this one.
He is playing some sublime tennis and now that he has entered the 2nd week with victories over Zverev and djoker i am pretty sure he is very much high on confidence.
Straight sets victory over Tennys Sandgren.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Chung has no big weapons. Serve is poor. He will not surpass Nishikori. He should not go any further here. Once winter Olympics is over we will not hear his name also that much, hopefully. Zvarev tall like giraffe is a serve only player, cant do much on opponent's serve, bagelled by Federer just 2 weeks ago & Djokovic is coming from an injury, so not a big deal. It's heading towards a Nadal vs Federer Finale. Tennis fans are anxiously waiting for another epic but Berdych has the ability to beat Federer. Carla Suarez-Navarro is the player to watch out on the women's side. Single handed backhand very rare these days.
Varma

Post by Varma »

Saniapower wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 pm ... Once winter Olympics is over we will not hear his name also that much, hopefully.
You are not disputing this forum's prediction of Chung winning a gold at winter Olympics, right? As a host nation, South Korea is badly counting on him. :p

- Varma
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Haha, I too was wondering what has winter Olympics to do with Chung's performance this week. :D Saniapower's posts are getting weirder by the day.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

S_K_S wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm The post-Murray era of British tennis is safe in the hands of Kyle Edmund. He'll be a top 10 at least and with the best forehand in the game and a lethal serve I wouldn't be surprised if he is a future GS champ.
Okay, I am 2 matches away from e-mailing Dhruv and asking for my user name to be changed to Nostradamus :p
suresh

Post by suresh »

Good one Sam. :D
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

S_K_S wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm
S_K_S wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm The post-Murray era of British tennis is safe in the hands of Kyle Edmund. He'll be a top 10 at least and with the best forehand in the game and a lethal serve I wouldn't be surprised if he is a future GS champ.
Okay, I am 2 matches away from e-mailing Dhruv and asking for my user name to be changed to Nostradamus :p
I thought you would want N_D_S :-) If the favorites on paper hold, which they may not, we will see Cilic v Federer. Federer's longevity (while playing at that level) has been phenomenal.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

prasen9 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm
S_K_S wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 pm
I thought you would want N_D_S :-) If the favorites on paper hold, which they may not, we will see Cilic v Federer. Federer's longevity (while playing at that level) has been phenomenal.
I think he will take Cilic though it's hard for me to be rational, probably more heart than head but I hope I am right.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

I thought i was dis-organised but this takes the biscuit

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bori ... 48516.html
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Cliic beats Edmund in 4 sets. So, he is in his third grand slam final.

I think Chung will put up a big fight against Federer although I am not sure if he can beat him. Perhaps he can.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Federer will eat Chung alive and then Cilic will also fall to him. Chung era will end on Friday. Very difficult for him to handle so much diversity in one place. Poor kid! In one of my earlier post I mentioned that Federer will win grandslam at 40 and its becoming reality now. Roger Federer the greatest sportsman of all time is on a mission. :goodluck:
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Surprisingly competitive final after the first set, but the GOAT does his thing in style in the final set.

I maintain there is one more peak for Federer to scale: Mt Rosewall. Ken had 23 Slam titles -- 15 pro Slams, and 8 conventional ones.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Amazing level of play for so many years! Kudos! If he keeps fit, he will most probably be the hands-on favorite for the Wimbledon. He won't win the French. And, he will be one of the contenders for the USO. Again! At 37.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

If the likes of Djokovic, Murray and Wawrinka remain unfit; certainly so. He had a cakewalk of a draw at the AO, much like Nadal at the USO.