Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: TennisIndia Daily updates

Post by jayakris »

gvhvhg wrote:However Jay, some rust is expected after a year long hibernation, but I just thought I'd point out (aside from a few typos ) that you made an error. Rohan reached the final in Newport with Aisam, not Prakash!
Thanks gurvinder .. Rust indeed .. corrected those .. Yes, I will try to stay awake now .. Somdev, Kash and Bops seem to be hellbent on not allowing us any sleep, even as Sania has been going easy on us :)

Jay
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Jay, the correct term should be "Tripuri".  It is a pleasure to read your posts on the webpage.  What you write on the forum is good, but, those daily notes are really awesome.  Hope you keep it going.
Last edited by prasen9 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Jay for starting again 'very informative' daily updates.

Jaydeep
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Jay,

Thanks for restarting your blog or whatever you want to call it in its new version.  You write so well.  :notworthy:

Now that you have a bunch of Sports-India members who love to correct each other for small or big errors, here is my contribution -- Saina defeated the #4 seed and not the #3 seed in badminton.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Thanks doc.  Duly corrected! ... I guess we should make this thread the tennis india "mistake correction" thread soon .. Not a bad idea ..  Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Jay,

After reading your TennisIndia Daily Update, I realized that not only I missed the raw data, but also your great writing style.  :D
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

jayakris wrote: Thanks doc.   Duly corrected! ... I guess we should make this thread the tennis india "mistake correction" thread soon .. Not a bad idea ..  Jay
May be we should do this :)
Some othe mistakes:
Somdev won his first ATP tour level match today, beating former top-25 player, Taylor Dent, 76(3) 26 16 in the first round of the $508K "Legg Mason" ATP at Washington DC
[R1] (wc) Somdev DevVarman (IND,314) d. (wc) Taylor Dent (USA), 76(3) 16 62
Well, the score was 76(3) 26 61 :)

Thanks for restarting the daily notes. It reminds the good old days!

weeee belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ajay on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Thanks ajay .. Really, I must say I am truly humbled and touched that all of you were so badly missing my bu**sh*it ...  It feels so good to write the stuff too.

Actually, we just got an unprecedented email from the University of California offices that all state-supported research projects have a "stop work" urgent order, retroactive to Aug 1st .. Our governator is struggling to deal with the budget crisis .. The way the US economy is going, I may not have any research to do soon, and perhaps will have a lot of time to spend writing my notes :)

Jay
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Any chance that we can set up your updates as an RSS feed? I use them in my browser to track other blog-esque things I like...
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Actually, we just got an unprecedented email from the University of California offices that all state-supported research projects have a "stop work" urgent order, retroactive to Aug 1st ..
Sorry to hear about that.  But, isn't it great that the government tells you to "stop working" retroactive to August 1st.  Hello?  And, if that is an ordinance or something and you cannot do that, you have just broken the law and are a criminal for not stopping working retroactive to a date in the past.  Go figure!
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Marvellous indeed to have your Daily Updates back. Thanks, Jay!
Varma

Post by Varma »

Thanks for restarting daily updates, Jay. That page was my home page for I don't know how many years! Thanks for bringing back great memories!

- Varma
suresh

Post by suresh »

My startup page has a link to your updates and recently I was wondering if I should delete that entry. Luckily, I didn't.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

It's Friday, and we have 4 Indian women alive in pro tournaments around the world -- two of them at their career-high rankings. Indian women's tennis is on the march!

Vaidehi Chaudhuri is in the SF (singles and doubles) at Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand. She is at her career high singles ranking of 432 (live). Sahaja Yamlapalli (career high 393) and Rutuja Bhosale (370) are in the QF at La Mansa, Tunisia, while Karman Kaur Thandi (live ranking 261) is in the QF of a bigger tournament (W60 I think) in Portugal.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

PKBasu wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:41 am It's Friday, and we have 4 Indian women alive in pro tournaments around the world -- two of them at their career-high rankings. Indian women's tennis is on the march!

Vaidehi Chaudhuri is in the SF (singles and doubles) at Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand. She is at her career high singles ranking of 432 (live). Sahaja Yamlapalli (career high 393) and Rutuja Bhosale (370) are in the QF at La Mansa, Tunisia, while Karman Kaur Thandi (live ranking 261) is in the QF of a bigger tournament (W60 I think) in Portugal.
Hope this gets better.

But will Jay start writing daily notes again.