WTA Tour/Non-India Fed Cup

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gvhvhg »

Sandeep, as was said it was a mixture of both.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Sania would not loose to Davenport 6-0, 6-0 even if she plays with left hand. Oh man, this is quite astonishing result. I am waiting for sharapova's interview.

Good chance for Kim clijsters to win this tournament. She will be the lowest ranked woman to win a tire I tournament in WTA history.
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

nothingnew wrote:Man Davenport beat sharapova 6-0, 6-0
Who said Davenport couldn't play? Where's he/ she now?

I have always liked Davenport for her "old fashioned" approach to tennis - she's a contrast to the glamour girls of today, who are as if not more worried about their looks as their game. Lindsay, on the other hand, cares only about her game - no matter what her critics say. She has the game to beat anyone and the fact that she's no. 1, is thanks to her game - not because the Belgians and the Williams have been out. Sure, that has made things easier, but she's deserved every bit of success she's got.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I m stunned looking at the score line ... Top 4 rank player clobbered like this ... Frankly I m seeing first time that Top 4 rank player loosing with nil nil score .. Anyone can find out about it???

Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

she's a contrast to the glamour girls of today, who are as if not more worried about their looks as their game.
Well Red I guess you need to look pretty to be a glamour doll :D .
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Sania would not loose to Davenport 6-0, 6-0 even if she plays with left hand. Oh man, this is quite astonishing result.
Sandeep, I really think you, and most people ive spoken to about this are making to big of a deal about it. It was just one of those days for Maria. Yes she got her butt kicked, and it will hurt over the next few days. But as I said before, as soon as she steps back on court in Miami she will be back to buisness (unless she draws, Shikha, Sania or Neha.)
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Hey gvh, no one is doubting Maria's ability. If there is a match tomorrow between Maria and Davenport, still I would give more chace for Maria to win it. She is much better player than Davenport, that is for sure. But what I was trying to say his, however bad you may play 6-0 6-0 is some thing.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Great come back by clijsters. Tough days ahead for russians. She won Pacific open today. She beat Davenport 64 46 62.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Superb come back by Kim Clijsters ... She is on right track for her comre back.

Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Another great win by Kim today. She beat Mauresmo 61 60 .Man she is on roll. This is just 3rd tournament after her return. Amazing. She will play Maria in finals.

Women's ranking will undergo serious shuffle, especially with the return of Henin Hardene. Most of the russians will be kicked out of top 5 except for sharapova. She is the only one who deserves it. All others are overrated. Otherwsie how can players like Myskina and Kuznetsova win grandslams. And Dementieva reached two grandslam finals. Too much.

I hope Maria wins tomorrow, though i think Kim would be able to pull it off.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Go Maria!!!
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Great Win today by Clijsters. I have to admit I was actually cheering for her by the second set :kookoo: . I admire what she has done, coming back from injury and the breaking off of her engagement. And to win both of these tournaments unseeded is simply amazing. Being unseeded not only has she had incredibly tough draws but she has also had to play the extra match in both tourneys. Well done Kim! My pick to win the French and perhaps end the year at number one.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Yup, gerat comeback by Kim. Actually you know, in the absence of Venus, serena, kim and henin these russians have come up teremndously. No doubt sharapova is talented, but don't you think she is a bit highly ranked at this moment. Easily the best players out there are Serena, Henin, Clijsters. I mean they can decimate any opponent.

But what makes maria special is her performances with Serena. She will definitely be there on top. NO doubt, but at the moment I feel she is a bit overranked due to injuries of some top players.

Gurvinder my pick for french is Serena.

I always believed Kim was far too talented than Henin. She was not able to handle the pressure of grand slam finals. Otherwise she should have one atleast one grandlsam.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Sandeep, I do not believe Maria is overanked right now...I think she is underanked. She is THE player to beat right now, she is number one in my book. The one who is overanked is Mauresmo. Sure she is number #2 (and had a great chance to be #1 at the end of the Nasdaq) but she is not mentioned as one of the players to beat. The players to beat are Maria, Serena, Davenport and now hopefully the belgians again.

Now in hindshight I think we can see that the whole russian revolution was overated with the exception of Maria and Kuznetsova. Myskina is horrible right now, and Dementieva will never become a champion with her serve. There are tons of Russians who are great players right now, but hte only champion out of them is Maria. Kuznetsova might be. Maria is the player to beat. And I think it is good that its taking her a little while to reach #1. In my opinion the earlier she reaches the top the more suceptible she will be to a letdown and an early career end like many other teenage sensations in the past.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

You are right. But Maria's record against all top players is terrible. Anyway leave that.

What happened to Molik, she dissappeared all of a sudden? I like her Mollik too.