ATP Tennis/Non-India Davis Cup

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

jai_in_canada

Re: ATP Tennis/Non-India Davis Cup

Post by jai_in_canada »

Anyone know which TataSky channel is broadcasting the Monte Carlo Masters matches? Thanks.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

It is not on any of the sports channels in India. It seems the tennistv has taken up the rights for showing ATP tournaments in India. So, I think it is on their youtube stream. Not sure if it it free though. Otherwise, it will be there on usual betting sites.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Thanks, Sameer. I guess streaming is the new black. I watched Djokovic-Sinner earlier today on YouTube for free. Later they were streaming Nadal-Delbonis. Same thing happened with the Miami Masters.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Both Nadal and Djokovic with shocking losses at the monte carlo masters.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Joker's loss against Dan Evans was more shocking, but Evans reached in the semis also ... This year, Rublev is in tremendous form, so his win against Rafa was more justifiable, but on clay definitely shocking.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

The top 2 guys showed their rust after being off competition for 2 months. Djokovic's match against Sinner was electrifying. Much closer than the score indicates. And Nadal vs Rublev was very interesting and exciting. Nadal started out badly. Was down 2-6, 1-3 and faced break points to go down 1-4. He screamed at himself, which I have never ever seen him do. But he held on and broke back twice to go on a 5-1 run to take the second set. Rublev seemed tired and deflated, and I thought it would be difficult for him to recover mentally and physically from the disappointment of those missed chances. But Nadal made a lot of errors in the third set which gave Rublev energy and confidence to close it out with 2 breaks. Makes me realize what a stupendous record Rafa has in Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Paris to not have had any really bad days over so many years. Stunning.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Btw, I'm very happy for Dan Evans. I always cheer for him because he's a little guy. I like his fighting qualities, great forehand and excellent slice backhand. Made it to the Singles SF and is in the Doubles F. He's had some tough times in his career and is a late bloomer. Seems like a regular, pleasant, down-to-earth guy. So I'm happy for his success. Especially after he lost a couple of extremely close matches - to Federer in Doha, and last week in Marbella.
khan27

Post by khan27 »

Tsitsipas is the 2021 Monte-Carlo Masters Champions.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Can Tsitsipas and Rublev build on this -- and can Thiem too, once he returns from injury -- to stop Nadal on clay this year? Barcelona will be an important home test for Rafa.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Tsi-squared-pas has been Tsimply Tscintillating in Tsinking TSinner in Barcelona Open. Can Nadal Tsop him in the Final as he Tseeks revenge for his Melbourne loss (after being up 2 sets to love, iirc)? I'd be Tsurprised just a tiny bit if he does given how TStefanos has been Tsizzling.

(I better Tstop, I mean stop, I'm developing a lisp).

Quite the final match up between the red hot young bull and the aging bull fighter.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 234298.cms
khan27

Post by khan27 »

jai_in_canada wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:47 pm Tsi-squared-pas has been Tsimply Tscintillating in Tsinking TSinner in Barcelona Open. Can Nadal Tsop him in the Final as he Tseeks revenge for his Melbourne loss (after being up 2 sets to love, iirc)? I'd be Tsurprised just a tiny bit if he does given how TStefanos has been Tsizzling.

(I better Tstop, I mean stop, I'm developing a lisp).

Quite the final match up between the red hot young bull and the aging bull fighter.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 234298.cms
Nadal has beaten Tsitispas in the FINAL of Barcelona Open after hard fought three sets.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

^^^ What an amazing match between Nadal and Tsitsipas. Battle of the generations. One of the top 5 best matches that I have seen in the 50 years I have been watching tennis. Some of the greatest tennis skills, athleticism, mental strength, tactics, execution, professionalism and sportsmanship. Just two astonishing athletes pushing each other to the limit. Tsitsipas was the better player for most of the match but his level dipped just a bit at key moments, enough for Nadal to sneak in. Nadal played much better than he has been on clay this year. Which was surprising because he seemed out of sorts in Monte Carlo and even the early rounds in Barcelona. But it is Rafa after all.

My respect for Tsitsipas grew greatly after watching this. I think that he can be one of Big 3 of the next generation. I think he's superior to Medvedev on clay, better than Zverev mentally. Not sure how Shapavalov, Sinner, Auger Alliaisme, Musetti, Rublev will develop. But right now Tsitsipas is miles ahead. Just a tiny bit more consistent in the key moments and these close matches will tip his way.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

Thiem seems to have faded away this year.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

Sanjay wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:17 pm Thiem seems to have faded away this year.
Yes, Thiem seems to be struggling with physical issues and motivation after finally achieving the dream of winning a Grand Slam. I didn't include his name in the list because he is already a bit older.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I don't think he's faded, or struggling with motivation. He's choosing not to play too much (in the last 3-4 years, he would play every single week during the clay court season, and exhaust himself), and hoping to peak at the French Open. Let's see if it works.