Karun Chandhok thread .. in F1 for season 2010 with HRT F1

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

vijay-krishnan

Re: Karun Chandhok thread..

Post by vijay-krishnan »

testing at paul ricard got underway today before French Gp....Karun impressive as always is only .050 of a second behind  teammate Garcia and is ahead of the likes of Senna etc.....I think the teams are going to be trying the set ups that they will be using at France......here are the times from this morning....

http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/gp2 ... cm:2-11249
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

here are todays times.....Karun goes 8th quickest with his teammate in 16th....

http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/gp2 ... cm:2-11269
piranha
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by piranha »

Karun ran second (didn't pit when nearly all other drivers made their compulsory stop) in the early stages of Saturday's main race in Magny Cours until he spun, getting stucked in the gravel trap. The race had a sick looking accident causing the race to be suspended for almost an hour. Ernesto Viso's car got airborn, hitting the concrete wall upside down. Despite initial fears, the driver is fairly unharmed.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Karun finished both his races this week at Silverstone (ahead of his Durango team mate Garcia).
Race 1: 12th place
Race 2: 13th place

It must feel good to finish the races compared to the last two times when he was not able to complete them....

Keep up the good work Karun.  Keep learning.... :goodluck:

cheers
-kujo
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

The ahead of his team-mate Bjorn Garcia is the important bit.  The car you are in makes a huge difference in the Formula racing so hopefully if he keeps up his good performances he can get a ride in a more competitive car or Durango has a more competitive package next year.
kallu

Post by kallu »

Karun finshed 14th in first race and DNF in second.

But Karun did get a POINT for fastest lap. Although Buemi set the fastest lap, point was given to Karun as Buemi started from the pits.. Karun could have scored another point but his gear box gave up on the last lap when he was running 6th in the second race

So congrats Karun for the point,  :D :D
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes watched second race on Ten Sports ... Karun was very competitive on the curcuit and was handling car very well ... Go Karun.

Jaydeep.
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

Good stuff, Karun. 6th place would have been very commendable. Keep up the good work. Most of the races he qualifies way down the order, which makes it very tough for him. Hope he breaks at least into the top-10 in qualifying very soon.
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

Yes....it was really a good weekend of racing to watch....even the way he fought in the first race was great and unfortunately the safety car came out and ruined his strategy but a brilliant drive in race two and although his gearbox failed on the last lap which must be really annoying, i think there are plenty of positives to be taken away from the weekend including fastest lap and its only a matter of time before it ALL falls into place through the weekend...
kallu

Post by kallu »

Another good finish in race 1. Finshed 8th thus scoring a point. From last few races karun seems to have good race pace, but struggling in quali.
Race 2 was a heart break. Karun was on Pole thanks to his position in the first race. Karun was leading when he was punted out of the race by Nakajima.. :mad:
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Tough luck for Karun ... Here is quote from eventual winner Timo Glock after the race.
GP2 Series: During the race itself you had Chandhok and Nakajima in front of you, and obviously Nakajima was attempting to get around Chandhok quite a bit in the final sector: were you holding back from them thinking they might take each other out, or were you trying to pass Nakajima?

Timo: No, it's more a point like I pushed quite hard in the first five laps to get past all the other guys, and tried quite quickly to get up to Chandhok and Nakajima, so I lost the rear grip and had to step a little bit back from the pace to save the rear tyres, to bring them back again. In the end I thought Nakajima was quite nervous behind Chandhok, and he tried to put pressure on him and I thought come on, try it a bit harder and you are both out! Because normally it is not possible to overtake there, and in the end they did it and I had a big smile on my face as I went past them!
And here is the incidents from GP2Series site -
Back at the front Nakajima was still harassing Chandhok, who now also had the ominous extra pressure of Glock right behind the pair. The Japanese driver clearly took this as a hurry up call, but unfortunately he went for a gap that wasn't there at the final turn and punted Chandhok into the gravel and retirement, a cruel blow after such a strong drive for the Indian: Nakajima was soon in the pits for a drive through and then retirement, but it was no consolation for the unhappy Indian driver.
piranha

Post by piranha »

I hate this Jap!  :mad: Naka-san costed Ammermuller's season after they made contact in Bahrain. And the guy is Toyota F1's protege. As much I was a fan of his father back in the 90's when he was competing in F1, I can't stand Kazuki Nakajima!  :tomato:
kallu

Post by kallu »

more points for karun in a incident filled race in Italy :D

Race 1 >>  5th
Race 2 >>  6th

Karun passing senna
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

AWESOME.....thanks for the pics as well dude......This guys is churning out some stunning and consistent performances.....Great to see...He completely outshone his team-mate this round as well.....Lets hope his luck changes with qualifying so he can push for podiums at Spa and Valencia....
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Simply great result ... Watched this incident filled race ... Very controlled driving by Karun ... :notworthy: