Karun Chandhok thread .. in F1 for season 2010 with HRT F1

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Karun Chandhok
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Karun Chandhok thread.. (Wins sprint race GP2 @ Spa)

Post by Karun Chandhok »

hello all and thanks to all of you for your good wishes !!

spa was certainly a special weekend for me and everyone in the team. all weekend we were strong and despite a wrong call in quali with the gears we knew we had good pace. the races were fantastic and to win my first race at spa of all places was something else. there's a detailed report on my website www.karunchandhok.com and pics on http://gp2.latphoto.co.uk .

i do hope anyone who missed out will get to watch the replay of the race on Ten Sports at noon this sunday ( the 23rd ) !
puneets

Post by puneets »

It's nice to hear from you Karun. Congratulations once again for your fantastic victory. Keep up the good work.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Congratulations again Karun!!

Once you start seeing things like opponents' tire wear and you start nursing your tires, you are definitely at a different level. And, of course, the move you put on Andy at Eau Rouge was fantastic (crazy too). Keep learning, GP2 does offer you a nice stepping stone into a long and productive F1 career for ya'!!
It was really amazing to go through the F1 paddock after the podium and have people like Bernie, Dietrich Mateschitz (the owner of Red Bull), Tadashi Yamashina (Toyota F1 boss), Dr. Helmut Marko and Christian Horner who run Red Bull Racing, Collin Kolles (Spyker F1), Adam Parr (CEO of Williams) among others congratulate me and Vijay Mallya had already left missed calls and sms’ on my phone by the time I got back to the pits !!
  :)

cheers
-kujo
Last edited by kujo on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kallu

Post by kallu »

has anyone got the video of the race or the overtake, that they can upload :wink: ..it sux where i am i cant watch any decent motorsports !!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Karun Chandhok finished his GP 2 season in style, scoring a point with the fastest lap of the race (thats also in lap 42) ... It was an impressive show by Karun as in the feature race, which started in wet conditions, his car's the rear brakes got glazed.

On his debute season Karun collected the award for the 'Most Improved Driver of the Year' and also earning himself a test with the 2007 Champion team 'I-Sport International'.

Karun wins Most Improved Driver award
Karun Chandhok wrote:"To be given the award for the Most Improved Driver of the Year shows that the people in the know also have recognised the progress we've made."

"I'm really looking forward to testing with I-Sport soon. They sealed both the driver's and team's championships this year and are obviously a very good team."
Photo of all Awardees of 2007 in GP2 Series function
Last edited by jaydeep on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kallu

Post by kallu »

well deserved award.. If the teams luck wasnt so bad in quali, he probably could have done much better !!
Sathya

Post by Sathya »

Congratulations Karun ! All the best for your testing with I-Sport.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Karun Chandhok received the biggest opportunity of his career with a call up from the Red Bull Racing Formula One team to test for them at the Circuito de Catalunya in Barcelona on November 13 and 14.
Karun Chandhok - "It really is a dream come true for me. Ever since I was about four years old I have dreamed of being behind the wheel of a Formula One car and this is a day that not just myself, but my family and everyone who has supported me over the years, has thought about for a long time. This year has been very good for me in GP2 in that I was able to re-establish myself in Europe and to be called up by a strong mid-field team for my first F1 test is the icing on the cake of a very productive year. I really have to thank Christian Horner, Dr. Helmut Marko and everyone involved at Red Bull Racing for this opportunity, I'm really looking forward to it."

"Barcelona is a circuit I've raced on this year in GP2 so at least that is one less thing to learn! These early F1 tests are mainly about getting things reliable for next year with the new regulations so rather than ultimate lap times, it will be important for me to be able to assist the team with information for their development of the new car and electronics. There is a lot to take on board but the team has been very helpful and I'm quite confident that we can have a productive test together."
Chandhok gets F1 test call up
mamta

Post by mamta »

oh.....thats great news.....go Karun...!!!!
kallu

Post by kallu »

great stuff..congrats karun...Will be looking forward to the test !!
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

THATS JUST UNREAL !! What a turn around its been.....Just kept quiet and let his driving do the talking for him.....Perfect dude....KEEP IT GOING !! With you all the way !!  woohoo woohoo :notworthy: :notworthy:
piranha

Post by piranha »

Narun was 11th fastest in his Red Bull-Renault on the second day of testing in Barcelona. Less than a second off Coulthard's best lap time on his first F1 outing.

I'd like to read a word about that from Karun the man himself.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Nice interview of Karun with PTI correspondent ... Where he discussed about his F1 testing experiance, GP2 Series plan for next season and his ultimate goal of joining F1 curcuit (mostly from 2009 season).

Karun Chandok hopeful of racing in FI in 2009
"The most important thing is to have a good year in GP2 and finish in the top five of the Championship, there will be a good opportunity at Forumla One because a lot of contracts are expiring at the end of the next season."

"As far as Force India goes, Mallya has been very clear that the driver choice will be based on credibility than nationality and I 100 per cent agree with him."

"They (team Red Bull) said if I got within one second of David Coulthard, they will be very happy...I got within seven-tenths of his time!"
kallu

Post by kallu »

Chandhok and Senna signs with iSport

Senna and Chandhok line up for iSport

The team will be competing with same drivers for asian gp2 series as well !!....
Last edited by jaydeep on Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Really big opportunity for Karun as race driver for iSport International team, who is current Constructor Champion in GP2 Series and also their driver Timo Glock won Driver Championship ( in 2008 he is joining Formula1 Toyota team as a race driver.).

Go Karun .. Working with this big team definetly help him to improve and also helps him in a long-term in his car-racing career.

Year 2007 becoming break-through year for Indian Motor Sports as Karun winning Sprint Race at Spa in GP2 Series, Narain winning Feature Race in A1 GP at China, Mr. Mallya becoming owner of Force India (old Spyker) team and serious chance of F1 race going to happen in 2 yrs time in India (also talk is going on for A1 GP road race in near future on border of Rajasthan and Haryana.).

Jaydeep.