2011 Formula 1 Season

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Prem
Please enter the middle number: 1

2011 Formula 1 Season

Post by Prem »

Narain Karthikeyan will make his F1 comeback in 2011 season with HRT.... :clap: :notworthy: :bounce: :goodluck:
NK last competed at the top level back in 2005 with Jordan.
So NK replaces Karun in HRT and Karun Chandok is most likely to be named as Force India driver...
So we may have 2 Indians in F1 this year with an Indian Grand Prix to add to it........ :dance:
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season

Post by jayakris »

Things heating up again, it seems? I hadn't looked at formula for quite sometime.. Jay
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

that's really good news, will karun be a race or test driver?
Prem

Post by Prem »

Karun is likely to get a driver seat at Force India.
But these are rumours and Mallya is yet to make the final call...
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

most articles on this in the Net say Sutil and a scot will be the race drivers. he might probably become a test driver.
vidhyashankar

Post by vidhyashankar »

Exciting to hear Narain is back in Formula one. More so because of Indian GP.

:goodluck: Narain, all the best for the season!!
Prem

Post by Prem »

akmohanty wrote:most articles on this in the Net say Sutil and a scot will be the race drivers. he might probably become a test driver.
Lets wait and watch...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Congrats Narain Karthikeyan for signing with Hispania (HRT) as a race driver for the 2011 Formula One season.

2010 was also interesting for Narain ... In 2010 Narain raced in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in the USA, also in the Superleague Formula in Europe, where he won a race at his favourite circuit, Brands Hatch in the UK ... His win there has extended his already unique record at that circuit, where he is the only driver to win a race in every series in which he has ever raced.

Other hand Karun Chandhok, who was a race driver for Hispania in half of 2010 season, is almost certain of not getting any race seat for 2011 season ... The most likely scenario is a test role with Tony Fernandes (Lotus Racing) ... So maybe a year as understudy with the Malaysian outfit could see Chandhok return to the F1 grid in 2012.

Karun Chandhok - "There's no real race seat that we are chasing, we were not chasing the HRT seat at all. I've been speaking to a variety of people, but at the moment I am quite focused on getting something done for the medium to long term. If a third driver role leads to something better for 2012, then that's what I'd like to see."

Narain Karthikeyan - "It's been a while in the making, but I am extremely happy to be racing again in Formula 1 in 2011. I have always maintained that I have not given up on my desire to return to the pinnacle of world motorsport. I am confident that I still have the pace, the fitness and the will to succeed in Formula 1. I'm looking forward to racing for Hispania Racing, and to working again with Dr. Colin Kolles. We have a long standing and excellent working relationship together. I'm also looking forward to racing at the first ever Indian Grand."
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Something is not right with Hispania team as they revealed that they quit FOTA, the teams' alliance, around December 15 stating it was more for the big teams than the small ones.

Also Hispania team still not discussing who will drive the second car this season or when it will be unveiled ... Hoping best for Narain.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Definitely no seat for Karun at Force India. They are picking di Resta and Sutil as the drivers, with Hulkenberg probably picking up the #3/test seat. Plus they still have Liuzzi on contract.
vidhyashankar

Post by vidhyashankar »

There is also a news that Karun is in talks with Malaysian team Lotus racing.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Force India announced their list of 2 race drivers, they retained Adrian Sutil and introduce new Scottish driver Paul Di Resta.

Here r current lineup of the teams for season 2011.

Red Bull Racing - Vettel, Webber
McLaren Mercedes - Hamilton, Button
Ferrari - Alonso, Massa
Mercedes GP F1 - Schumacher, Rosberg
Renault GP - Heidfeld, Petrov
Williams Cosworth - Barrichello, Maldonado
Force India F1 Team - Sutil, Di Resta
Sauber F1 Team - Kobayashi, Perez
Toro Rosso - TBA, TBA
Team Lotus - Trulli, Kovalainen
HRT F1 Team - Karthikeyan, TBA
Virgin Racing - Glock, D'Ambrosio
biggig
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by biggig »

hahahaha....Just check the Ranking and the truth before you make any judgement

Formula one drivers championship table
http://www.isport.in/latest/formula-1-d ... table-1303
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per report Karun Chandhok will test for Team Lotus as the Malaysian team considers him as a potential reserve driver.

Tony Fernandes called him to drive the new T128 at Jerez this week and possibly in Barcelona the week after.
Tony Fernandes -
"We would like him to be reserve driver but we've got to see whether it all works out, that's the plan. He is going to get a couple of slots in the testing now in Jerez and Barcelona. And then we'll decide after that. Mike (Gascoyne) and (team CEO) Riad (Asmat) and everyone else feel he's the right guy to add value to the team."
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Kubica is going to miss 2011 Formula One season due to horrific high-speed rally crash in Italy ... He suffered serious injuries to his right hand, arm and leg in a accident on the Ronde di Andora Rally ... Initially they reported he was danger in losing his hand but that wasn't the case.

Kubica career could be in jeopardy after horrific rally crash, reveals surgeon

Now Nick Heidfeld and Vitantonio Liuzzi r most likely candidates to take his race driver seat in Renault GP.