Force India

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Force India

Post by jayakris »

I will be in Barcelona for a few days from Sep 10th. Should I go to Monza for that weekend? (10 hour drive through france to Italy, but I am usually game for that stuff) ..

I am not at all knowledegable in F1 or anything, but if the name "India" is there, I would always give it a look. But then again, except for Mallya's money, does this thing have anything to do with India? Pretty much the whole thing is the Jordan team with Mallya walking around with them with his purse, right?? ... Could one of you educate me? :)

Jay

PS: Will Fisi be there for Force India at Monza or would he be moving to Ferrari by then itself. I saw rumors being posted in F1 forums that creditors are not even allowing Malllya and party to stay in the usual places and that theya re in trailors at Belgium and all that (for nonpayment of some stuff, which caused the "no money" rumor that Mallya denies).
Prashant
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Prashant »

Mallya is indeed the only Indian connection. It is the erstwhile Jordan team but it has gone through 4 ownerships, ending with Mallya.

The rumors about Fisi moving to Ferrari have been around for at least the last 4 races, because Fisi has been driving out of his mind for much of this season, making that car look much better than it is. And he's been quite honest about his dream to drive for Ferrari. But I don't think he will be at Ferrari this season (although it is very possible for next season). Of Ferrari's two drivers, Raikkonen isn't going anywhere, and Massa has had a disappointing season but probably done enough to not get fired.

I don't know about the creditors, but Mallya has been putting team members up on his yacht at some of the races.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well, the latest Hindu news update says that Fisi could move within a day to Ferrari, as per BBC ..
Confirmation of Fisichella’s move to Ferrari could come within a day, Force India commercial director Ian Phillips told BBC Radio 5 on Monday ... “We do expect a move will probably be made in the next 24 hours or so,” Phillips said .... “Nobody’s asked us yet but I think it’s pretty likely that somebody will make a phone call to (Force India team boss) Vijay Mallya over the next 24 hours or so asking if we would release him to Ferrari ... “I don’t think they (Force India) have really got any options (but to release him),” Phillips added.
Looks like they want the Italian with Ferrari, as the next one is in Monza, Italy.

Jay
ssp

Post by ssp »

Prashant:
The rumours are that Alonso will be in one of the Ferraris in 2010. They now have a problem about the 2nd driver. Kimi has been rather disappointing since early 2008 and if Massa had not got injured, the Finn was going to be driving elsewhere. He has been linked to Brawn, Williams and even Mclaren. Not sure how they are going to resolve their drivers for next year.

Fisi will only go to Ferrari for the remainder of this season.

I know Fisi was very quick at Spa but Sutil has been generally been better over the season so far.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

A great reward to all the efforts by Force India team. When I started this thread I was almost sure that Fore India would win their first point this season but a podium finish is an outstanding result. I doubt if Jordan would have ever accomplished it (from the time their decline started). Congratulations to Mallaya :notworthy:
piranha

Post by piranha »

Belgium was always a good track for Jordan: in 1991 Andrea de Cesaris almost won the race for them, only to retire a few laps from the end, in 1994 Rubens Barrichello got pole-position for them, in 1998 Damon Hill earnet Jordan's first race win, in 2005 Tiago Monteiro scored one final hard-fought point for team Jordan. Now Fisi scored first pole, points and podium for Team Force India.

Vijay Mallya still owes a lot of money to Ferrari from the engines they used in 2008. If he is to let Fisi go to Ferrari for the final 5 points of the season, Ferrari might wipe off some of the debt. If it's true, Force India test driver Tonio Liuzzi will step to the race seat and the positive trend will continue for the team.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Its official, Fisichella has moved to Ferrari for the rest of this season.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 231165.stm

Liuzzi is the likely replacement at Force India. I don't know anything about him.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Prashant wrote:Liuzzi is the likely replacement at Force India. I don't know anything about him.
Vitantonio Liuzzi was race driver for Red Bull's sister company Toro Rosso (Minardi) in F1 season 2006 and 2007 ... But then he was more remembered for mistakes on track than his driving skill ... ;)

So Fisi's expected move to Ferrari ... Ferrari give him race driver contract for remaining 5 races for 2009 season and also he will be their reserved driver for season 2010.
piranha

Post by piranha »

Not entirely true... Liuzzi is a good driver, having won the 2004 highly competitive Formula 3000 series. He was a Red Bull development driver so he's done a lot of professional racing, but didn't quite performed at Toro Rosso... but neither his team-mates at the time. I guess Liuzzi will match the pace of Sutil right away, especially since he will step into the car at his home track in Monza.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As expected Vitantonio Liuzzi will drive last 5 races for Force India.\

The force is with Tonio
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Team Force India showed at Monza qualifying that their last race performance at Spa wasn't fluke with excellent performance in qualifying ... Their both cars finished in top 10 on grid ... Adrian Sutil was set to grab consecutive second pole position for Force India but Lewis Hamilton completed blazing last round to push him on second ... Vitantonio Liuzzi, who replaced Giancarlo Fisichella, finished on 7th position ... Excellent day for Force India as this was first time their both cars in final qualifying ... They must be hoping these drivers repeat this qualifying performance in tomorrow's race.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Adrian Sutil finished on 4th position in Monza race and give true indication how much Force India car improved in last few weeks ... On consecutive weeks they were in battle for podium finish, though this time they missed but Adrian Sutil was matching Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen on the track ... Both were fighting for 4th place but Lewis Hamilton crashed his car on corner in last lap to gave Kimi podium finish and Sutil deserving 4th place.

So this finish opened point account of Adrian Sutil, who recieved 5 points for 4th position finish ... But Force India's other driver Vitantonio Liuzzi retired on 22nd lap.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

At 2009 Formula 1 Suzuka Race, Japan

After disappointing Singapore race where Adrian sutil retired at Suzuka Adrian sutil finished on fourth in qualifying.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Didn't he get a 5 spot penalty for ignoring a flag? I think he will start 9th rather than 4th...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Prashant wrote:Didn't he get a 5 spot penalty for ignoring a flag? I think he will start 9th rather than 4th...
Yes Prashant, he got 5 places penalty on starting grid with others due to ignoring yellow flag.

In race also Force India struggled with their set of cars and completed race well below on standing.