Force India

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Force India

Post by Sandeep »

Surprisingly we didn't have a thread to discuss the first and only Indian team in the F1 championship.

To start off a discussion, do we have a realistic chance to be among points this season? Force India is with new car Mercedes-Mc Laren VJM02 and Fisichella had spectacular results so far with it. Hopefully he will produce the same results in the races. Go Force India!!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Force India

Post by Sandeep »

Fisichella clocked 8th fastest lap and completed 97 laps in his new car which according to reports has shown immaculate reliability. He will next do the race simulation for two days. Fisichella clocked 1:21.545 seconds and was faster than Lewis Hamilton. The fastest lap was posted by Jenson Button (1:19.127) followed by Felipe Massa (1:20.168). Go Fore India!!
david
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by david »

So near yet so far for Force India. Sutil came so close to scoring three points before he crashed out with about five or six laps to go.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Force India is planning an aerodynamic upgrade for the race in Bahrain. They are planning to add an interim diffuser just like Brawn, Williams and Toyota. Of course, this will not give any advantage to our team as other teams are also making changes after the FIA approval, but at least it will help Force India to be competitive. We have the race this Sunday. Go Force India.
piranha

Post by piranha »

The upgraded car ran very well at Silverstone. Fisichella finished 10th on a dry track and without benefiting from high-profile retirements. The upgrade pushed the Force India car towards the midfield and I bet we should see some points from Sutil or Fisichella before the end of the season. Things are running reasonably well there, no question about it! :clap:
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

The wait continues, Sutil again was so agonizingly close to winning a point for force India in yesterday's German GP. The villian again is Kimi, this is the second time he rammed into Sutil!!! Bad luck Mallaya
david

Post by david »

Yes Sandeep the wait continues. I was very eager to see them in points, especially after the 7th place for Sutil on the Grid. Anyway, this is the best top-10 qulification for Force India for the first time in their short history.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes, Sutil was looking good and in chance of grabbing first point for Force India ... But I feel that accident was racing incident so I wouldn't blame only Kimi for that ... Sutil tried to hold his line after coming out of pit and Kimi tried to overtake from the outside of the corner ... And both drivers didn't break until last moment hoping other driver will take required action.

Anyway this performance give us hope of better finish from Force India in next race at Hungary.
david

Post by david »

Congratulations to Force India!!!

First pole position. First podium. First points.

But the most satisfying moment is knowing the fact that the pace of Force India car matched that of Ferrari every lap at this GP.

Great Show!!
vidhyashankar

Post by vidhyashankar »

david wrote:
But the most satisfying moment is knowing the fact that the pace of Force India car matched that of Ferrari every lap at this GP.

Yes it did! Amazing!!! But hats off to Fisichella as well he drove an amazing race :clap:
ssp

Post by ssp »

Amazing result. What a turn around for Mallya's team.

Fisichella did very well and could have won had he got the jump on Kimi on the restart. He could have slowed the pack right up to the chicane and then bolted away to pull out a few, crucial car lengths on the Ferrari. Maybe that would have been enough, maybe not, but 2nd is waaay better than anyone expected.

Sutil too looked quick, but got bogged down in midfield because of his poor grid position.

Great stuff. Let's hope for more of the same at Monza and for the rest of the season.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Awesome :clap:
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Congratulations to Force India! Great performance :clap:
suresh

Post by suresh »

I really enjoyed watching Force India being extremely competitive in yesterday's race with perfect pit stops and super racing from Fisi. It was as if they were one of the top teams. Let us hope that Ferrari don't steal Fisi and mess up Force India.

Suresh
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Remarkable result, although aided somewhat by the early accidents to Button and Hamilton, I believe. Having a guy like Giancarlo Fisichella meant that it should have been only a matter of time before Force India (previously known as the Jordan team) would score points -- but they did it in terrific style with a podium finish, missing winning the Belgian Grand Prix by a whisker. Now I cannot avoid getting a ticket to the Singapore event (under pressure from my 11-year-old son). Last year, I left town on the Friday the event began...