Formula1 Season 2008

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

kujo
Authors
Authors

Re: Formula1 Season 2008

Post by kujo »

Karma is a bi*** and it seems to bite your ass back, pretty fast these days!! :) Look at what happened to Kimi, after he hit Adrian in the last race.

And you ask, why will Hamilton hit Kimi's car which had stopped at a red light?  Read below:
Sunday's incident also completed a bad week for the Hamilton family -- Lewis's father Anthony crashed a borrowed Porsche in England [Images] and the F1 driver had even joked about the incident on television before the race.

" I've just been laughing. It's bad of me, I shouldn't but I said  'Dad, how do you crash a car at 30 miles an hour?'"

http://us.rediff.com/sports/2008/jun/09ham.htm

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Kimi qualified on top of the grid and in the race he started well ... He was leading after 30+ laps but then due to broken exhaust pipe he was struggling with the pace and Massa take full advantage of it ... But still no other car match speed of Ferrari to gave them another 1-2 finish.

Lewis Hamilton was already driving 10 places below due to last race penalty and in race he faced another drive through penalty ... That ended his hope finishing in the points.

Jarno Trulli's solid performance at Magny-Cours continued ... He never finished below top-6 positions from 2003 at this venue ... Trulli’s podium is Toyota’s first since Ralf Schumacher finished third in the 2005 Hungarian Grand Prix.

After this win Massa become the first Brazilian to lead the world championship since Ayrton Senna at Monaco in 1993 ... He has 48 points to Kubica’s 46 and Raikkonen’s 43 ... Hamilton trails with 38.

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2008, Magny-Cours - Race Result

Pos Driver              Team            Laps Time/Retired
1  Felipe Massa        Ferrari          70  1:31:50.245 
2  Kimi Räikkönen      Ferrari          70  +17.9 secs 
3  Jarno Trulli        Toyota          70  +28.2 secs
4  Heikki Kovalainen    McLaren-Mercedes 70  +28.9 secs
5  Robert Kubica        BMW Sauber      70  +30.5 secs
6  Mark Webber          Red Bull-Renault 70  +40.3 secs 
7  Nelsinho Piquet      Renault          70  +41.0 secs 
8  Fernando Alonso      Renault          70  +43.3 secs
9  David Coulthard      Red Bull-Renault 70  +51.0 secs 
10  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes 70  +54.5 secs 
11  Timo Glock          Toyota          70  +57.7 secs 
12  Sebastian Vettel    STR-Ferrari      70  +58.0 secs 
13  Nick Heidfeld BMW    Sauber          70  +62.0 secs 
14  Rubens Barrichello  Honda            69  +1 Lap 
15  Kazuki Nakajima      Williams-Toyota  69  +1 Lap 
16  Nico Rosberg        Williams-Toyota  69  +1 Lap 
17  Sebastien Bourdais  STR-Ferrari      69  +1 Lap 
18  Giancarlo Fisichella Force India      69  +1 Lap 
19  Adrian Sutil        Force India      69  +1 Lap 
Ret Jenson Button        Honda            16  Accident damage

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton performed what require from him to remain in the Championship race and scored win to become co-leader with Kimi and Massa with 48 pts.

Kimi finished on 4th position, but Massa and Robert Kubica couldn't scored points in this rain affected British Grand Prix.

Nick Heidfeld finished on 2nd, Rubens Barrichello helped Honda to grabbed their first podium finish from 2006.

Jaydeep

ssp

Post by ssp »

Very exciting end to the race at Spa today. Lewis Hamilton passed Kimi Raikonen 2 laps from the end in wet conditions. But the FIA then investigated the 'passing manouvre' and their decision is outrageous. :mad:

Hamilton has been handed a 25 second penalty retrospectively and this demotes him to 3rd place!! What kind of stupid joke is F1 nowadays.

The message is clear: DO NOT CHALLENGE or PASS the RED CARS or you will be punished, but the red cars can leave the pits in a dangerous manner (Massa & Sutil in Valencia) or drive into the back of another car (Kimi taking out Sutil in Monaco) and nothing will happen. :damn:

Mercedes Benz and McLaren should win this year's championships and then withdraw from this farce. Somehow I feel they will be stripped of the championship for another utterly stupid reason. :mad: :mad:

Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Hmm. I'm generally very sympathetic to the idea of a pro-Ferrari bias, but in this case I disagree. If Hamilton hadn't cut the chicane, he would not have been in position to slipstream on the straight, which would have left him unable to overtake. So "ceding the lead on the straight" isn't good enough. He ought to be punished for leaving the track. Now, if you're of the opinion that he left the track to avoid collision, rather than to overtake, then you may have a point. But it really doesn't seem that way to me. Deserved penalty in my opinion.

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

And Fisichella delievered what he promised ... He helped Force India to qualify for 2nd qualifying stage ... He is qualified on 12th position ahead of Kimi, who r qualified on 14th position, and Lewis Hamilton, who r qualified for on 15th.

German Sebastian Vettel grabbed Toro Rosso’s first pole position in rain hit Monza curcuit.

Jaydeep

shibi

Post by shibi »

Toro Rosso's Sebastian Vettel wins the Italian Grand Prix, leading from the start to finish. I think he at 21 years (born on July 3, 1987) also becomes the youngest F1 winner ever beating Alonso's record of 22 years and few days.

piranha

Post by piranha »

Fabulous wet race. It was one of those rare races in which nearly anyone can win in Formula 1. :clap:

ssp

Post by ssp »

Incredible end to the season. Lots of drama right upto the last corner. Massa appeared to have won the race & title because Lewis was 6th, but he managed to pass Glock who was on the wrong tyres and had no grip in the wet conditions.
Very very lucky 5th place for Lewis, but he deserved the title because over the entire season he was the best driver.

There were some disgraceful penalties handed out by the idiotic FIA stewards which made Lewis' task a lot harder. I hope Lewis learns from this season's events and wins with a lot more to spare next year.

Well done.

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Well deserving title win for Lewis Hamilton, but Massa was also unlucky to lost such close battle.

Jaydeep

vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

It was a great season but in the end i felt sorry for Massa who in my eyes deserved to be champion. It was great to see Vettel, Hiedfield, Alonso and Kubica all competing for the win showing that the Ferrari-McLaren dominance isnt as great as we expected.