Go-Karting

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

mick_d_gr8_1

Go-Karting

Post by mick_d_gr8_1 »

hi
Last edited by mick_d_gr8_1 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adhiraj

Go-Karting

Post by adhiraj »

Yeah Promod,

I am also looking for any details regarding Karting championships across India. I reside in Kolkata and here also is the same case. No regional or local races have taken place for the past one year. Neither the jktyre nor the MRF nat'l championships have occured in 2005. But if I get to know anything I will definitely let you know. By the way are u a pro or an amatuer?? If pro then, (I am also a pro)we can discuss some serious stuff.
mick_d_gr8_1

Go-Karting

Post by mick_d_gr8_1 »

Hi Adhiraj,
whats happeningon the sponcership front ?
My daughter is 11 and doing well but i require a sponcer if i have to get her thru. Let me know if something crops up.
best of luck to u.
Pramod
adhiraj

Go-Karting

Post by adhiraj »

Well Pramod, it is'nt really going anywhere at present. The championships have not taken place so far. As regarding the sponsorship, I dont know where u live, but in kolkata its damn hard to find a sponsor. As for your case, there is nothing but to wait for the nat'l championships. At the level you're daughter is in, I'm not discouraging you, but it is tough to find a sponsor.Even at our level, where we have developed significant contacts in motorsports, it becomes extremly tough to convince any firm for shelling out 1.5-2lacs of Rs. in motorsports. they have this conception(I dont know from where they have aquired) that motorsports is not a safe bet compared to other sports. I had been trying for a long time, to find a sponsor for me, but could'nt. As for now I'm really thinking twice whether I would at all stay in karting or move out to FISSME or INRC.
But do try and dont give up. All the BEST!!! :D
mick_d_gr8_1

Go-Karting

Post by mick_d_gr8_1 »

Hi Adhiraj,
Goa is holding nationals on the 19 of may go to MAI home page u will get more information. I will be always thankfull if u can give me any tips on how to improve my daughters performance she is 1.5 seconds away from the track record and is stuck there.Do I need to give her professional training or will she be able to do it as she gets experience? I plan to take her to Goa for the Nationalchampionships sponcered by MRF.
Keep in touch. And dont loose hopes something will work out u just b there
Pramod
adhiraj

Go-Karting

Post by adhiraj »

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for the info of MRF FMC. I have plans to take part in it but as I have exams during the first half of the year I will try to make it for the last three. As for the performance of ur daughter, to be very frank with u 1.5 secs behind is not really of any concern. It depends form person to person, who is clocking the lap. If its taken by an AMB transponder, then the first thing is to identify where she is losing time. Coz a lot of gyan can be given but unless we dont really find the root of the problem, its of no use. Racers lose time in corners specially, as they make a late entry or late exit. Best way is to ask the marshals of the track to identify where she is losing time , and then I can give u some tips upon it. As I have not seen her driving, it would be unjustifiable for me to commment on her driving skills. Best of luck to ur daughter for MRF FMC.
mick_d_gr8_1

Go-Karting

Post by mick_d_gr8_1 »

Hi Adhiraj,
We had been to Coimbatore where my daughter qualified and came in 6th thats second last. I plan to go to Hyderabad inoctober for the second round will you be there? It was very exiting to watch the races but hardly any audience.
The carts were brand new and a sight to see.
Pramod
adhiraj

Go-Karting

Post by adhiraj »

Its really good to hear that ur daughter participated in the coimbatore rnd. As a matter of fact, yes I'm planning the hyderabad race and also the nagpur rnd. Till now hyderabad is fixed. I might PM u some questions regarding the races as u'v witnessed it by urself. Will that be OK??

Regards
Adhiraj