Formula V6 Asia

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Formula V6 Asia

Post by kallu »

:oops:i havent seen any official news yet ....but i cant see why he wont get the championship. !! :D

it would be good if he can get a shot at GP2. But even for WSR he needs lots of cash. TATA will have to step up. But looks like they have their handsfull with narain !!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Congratulation to Karun for winning Formula V6 Asia Championship ... :)

Hopefully sooner we will get official result ... But in remaining last 2 races he needs to score only 4 points to remove any mathematical chance to others driver, so he managed to win 3 rd race to removed any doubt about the winner ... ;)
After winning first 2 races at Zhuhai international circuit Karun now leads with a 27 points advantage and only needs another four points in last 2 races to win the Championship.
Official Race Result from Zhuhai international circuit

Jaydeep.
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

GREAT SHOW....unbelievable....its great to see the determination in the boy...to beat guys like Halliday and Mikola is super..... woohoo woohoo :notworthy: :notworthy: Great way to come back at whoever the critics were... I hope that sponsors come his way and he finds a GP2 or World Series seat next year...sign of good things for Indian Motorsport im sure
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes Vijay, it was great performance from Karun ... Now I m egarly waiting for snaps of AFOS Awards Presentation Night.

Indian dominates weekend to win the first ever FV6A

Final championship standings 2006

1. Karun Chandhok – 131 points

2. Matt Halliday – 107 points

3. Ananda Mikola – 98 points
Karun said “This year has been really enjoyable for me. After a difficult season in 2005 I came into this series to win and use it as a platform to move on to the World Series in Europe or the Champcar Atlantic Series in America. To have won 7 races and also the Championship against quality drivers like Halliday and Ananda is just the perfect way for me to remind people that I can still drive quickly ! I really have to thank everyone at E-Rain Racing, my race engineer Anthony Hieatt from Raikkonnen Robertson Racing in England and of course our sponsors JK Tyre, Scottish and Newcastle and Amaron.”
Champions at AFOS Awards Presentation Night

Jaydeep.
Last edited by jaydeep on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

How come India's so good at Formula V6 Asia but they cannot do better in A1 grand prix.