Formula V6 Asia

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Formula V6 Asia

Post by kallu »

Formula V6 Asia is a new series by Renault starting this month. Are we going to see Karun in this series ?

The car is powered by a 370bhp, 3.5l 24 valve V6 engine.

Below is the provisional calander

Sepang International Circuit - April 15-16.

Asian Festival of Speed (AFOS) South Korea, Ansan - May 13-14

Sepang International Circuit - June 24-25

Indonesia’s Sentul Circuit - July 22-23

Zhuhai International Circuit - August 12-13

AFOS weekend Taichung, Taiwan - October 21-22
India1989

Formula V6 Asia

Post by India1989 »

I am looking forward for V6. I would be glad if we are informed about the results through this thread.
agurudev

Formula V6 Asia

Post by agurudev »

what happened to the A1 circus? is india still in the running?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Formula V6 Asia

Post by jaydeep »

A1 racing is continue but currently Team India not participating in it.

Jaydeep.
India1989

Formula V6 Asia

Post by India1989 »

Why isn't team India participating in it? Does anyone know the reason. Are we going to participate in it in the next season.
adhiraj

Formula V6 Asia

Post by adhiraj »

Yeah it's true that team India is not going to take part in A1 GP this year. As far as the news goes, the sponsors refused to pump in any more money for team India as they failed to realise their money as expected from the deal. Moreover they were not satisfied with the teams performance. But guess what?no one sits idle. Armaan Ebrahim of team India recently secured a seat in the Formula Renualt cup.Heard he has faired quite well in testing yesterday as compared to the others.
India1989

Formula V6 Asia

Post by India1989 »

Well I hope that India comes to play A1 again. Till then best of luck to all the players who are racing in other places.
vijay-krishnan

Go BOY !! Should be a lot better than A1 controversies

Post by vijay-krishnan »

Saw the following article, seems like a competitive and superb series with one of india's best showing interst as well....Great Stuff !!! Lets hope to hesr from him soon on the forum :

The upcoming Formula V6 Asia by Renault series, which has sparked enormous international interest since its announcement last month, has received an additional boost in the form of Euro 100,000 (approximately US$120,000) cash plus rewards prizes for the top-performing teams and drivers in its inaugural season which kicks off in Malaysia next month.

France-based Renault Sport Technologies has announced the cash prize fund for the teams, and a World Series by Renault test drive for each of the top three drivers at the end of the season.

The move has been warmly welcomed by series organiser and promoter, Malaysian-based Motorsport Asia Limited, the company behind the hugely successful Asian Festival of Speed (AFOS) weekends. Said Chief Executive Officer, David Sonenscher: "The winning team will win Euro 50,000 (approximately US$60,000), a significant contribution to their operating costs. For the top three drivers, the free World Series by Renault test drive provides an invaluable opportunity to showcase their talent to Europe’s leading teams and decision-makers.

"The addition of these cash and prize incentives – on top of an affordable, high-level racing series held in the world’s most dynamic and rapidly developing region – will make Formula V6 Asia by Renault even more attractive for drivers and teams from anywhere in the world."

The second placed team will be awarded a cash prize of Euro 30,000 (approx. US$36,000), while the second-runner up will take home Euro 20,000 (approx. US$24,000).

Since the announcement of Formula V6 Asia by Renault, the region’s most senior level single seater series ever, organisers have been flooded with enquiries from both teams and drivers from right across Asia, North and South America, the USA and Europe.

The most recent driver to announce his intention to participate is India’s Karun Chandhok. Chandhok began his career in Formula India, winning the 2001 Asian Formula 2000 Championship, before making a solid impact on the British Formula 3 Championship and was most recently part of India’s A1 Grand Prix team. The 22-year-old was recently quoted as saying: "World Series is a costly affair and I never got to drive a full season. But now with the Formula V6 Asia by Renault coming up I think I can drive a full season. It is just half the cost of the World Series."

The introduction of Formula V6 Asia by Renault means that, for the first time, Southeast Asian-based drivers will be able to progress from karting, through the ranks of junior single seaters, and step up to a programme specifically designed to groom them for Formula One. For drivers from outside the region, the series provides a cost-effective alternative to the World Series by Renault, as well as the opportunity to make a name for themselves in the booming economies of Asia.

The car is powered by a 370bhp, 3.5l 24 valve V6 engine, can reach speeds of up to 275kph, is equipped with "ship to shore" radio, electronic-display steering wheels and data acquisition.

Formula V6 Asia by Renault will be televised globally, both live and delayed, and will be supported by a comprehensive promotional and media campaign
vijay-krishnan

too much hype.....

Post by vijay-krishnan »

i think its about time we brought down the hype of ebrahim being an F1 hope just because he DROVE the A1 gp series...i say DROVE n not PERFORMED and it is a big difference....no one knows why he did drive all the races but he should have lived upto expectations rather than result in the team showing the door to other talented drivers...i think for some1 to be an F1 hope, they need to have ACHIEVED something at their various levels of racing...Narain won F-Asia, did very well in F3 and Nissan and now is doing us all proud....Chandhok too WON F-Asia, had a top 3 finish in British F3 and did well in the few rounds of Nissan World Series...Parthiva as well had a very good run till costs ran up and put an end to his racing career....but they have all achieved things...i dont think a 5th place finish in F-BMW is an ACHIEVEMENT to rave about....i'm sure many ppl r thinking same but dont want to say it but the truth hurts and its time to back every other driver as well and not just keep hyping someone and end his promising career as well.....as always, with hype comes pressure and we would not want to see talent get wasted....but we NEED TO SUPPORT ALL OUR DRIVERS....NARAIN, KARUN, ARMAN, ADITYA n RAYOMAND (in merit order) and all the others on the National circuit to ensure the sport grows in our country !!!!!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Formula V6 Asia

Post by jaydeep »

In the Formula Asia Renault V6 series Karun will drive for the Korean based E-Rain Racing team ... This series kicks off at the Sepang F1 circuit in Malaysia on May 13 and 14 ... In the first official test session held at Sepang, Karun finished the day as the fastest driver.

Karun set for fresh start to new season

Jaydeep.
vijay-krishnan

AWESOME...tks for the update jaydeep

Post by vijay-krishnan »

WOW....great for indian motorsport...from the various articles, its good to see that Chandok has the financial backing this year and that burden is off him...to see that he topped the times at Sepang...simply superb....lets hope to see the indian flag flying high once again at the top step of the podium....in the national scene as well things are picking up with the introduction of the junior cup and ajay kini and saran vikram are doing very well....two kids to look out for maybe...who knows....there are no boundaries.....lets hope not
vijay-krishnan

GREAT NEWS FOR INDIAN MOTORSPORT

Post by vijay-krishnan »

hey all....i just read an article stating that Karun Chandok has secured the first ever pole position in the renault v6 championship....i guess he's back with a bang after all the A1 controversies shut him out of racing unfortunately for a while.....good show.....i will try to put the link on this....he was also very quick in testing sessions and has adapted to the car very quickly according to his team boss....and he is working with kimi raikonnen's old manager as i have understood....WOW....hope to see an Indian kimi then....

http://www.afos.com/index.php
rajesh-gupta

Chandhok creates history !!!

Post by rajesh-gupta »

Karun Chandok created history today by winning the 1st ever Formula Renault V6 Asia grand prix...He dominated the weekend and led from start to finish...Go INDIA.....our dominant driver is back on track.. :notworthy: :notworthy:
check link below
http://www.afos.com/news_full_renault.php?id=1269
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Formula V6 Asia

Post by Dhruv »

Actually he won the Super Sprint not the Grand Race. He was leading in the Grand Race as well but his car brokedown with a clutch failure.

Great start for Karun though.
david

Formula V6 Asia

Post by david »

Well done, Karun! Keep it up and go for the Kill!!!

Karun Chandhok picked up two podium places in two races to move up in the standings to second place.

Results -

Round 3

Hammad Al Fardan, Bahrain
Seth Ingham, USA
Karun Chandhok, India

Round 4

Matt Halliday, New Zealand
Karun Chandhok, India
Seth Ingham, USA

Championship positions

Hammad Al Fardan – 46 points
Karun Chandhok – 38 points