GPMasters

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Hugh_Jarse

GPMasters

Post by Hugh_Jarse »

The Gpmasters series appears to have started on a great note last weekend. The reviews of the race have been so good. Nigel mansell won from fittipaldi close behind. the qualifying times were also so close. fantastic.

I hope they show the races live on cabletv in India. The website says that Zee sports will show the highlights, but i have not been able to find out the timings.
India1989
Please enter the middle number: 1

GPMasters

Post by India1989 »

Is this GPmasters another sort of racing?
kallu

GPMasters

Post by kallu »

yeah i heard it was good, but we dont get the coverage in NZ unfortunately so i dont know myself how it went.

Yeah GPmasters is a new series starting this year like A1. But this series is for Ex formula 1 drivers.
India1989

GPMasters

Post by India1989 »

Oh Ex formula 1 drivers. Oh ok. So many new races coming out. I think Narain should go on it for one year as he is not racing this year and thus is exformula drivers. lol
kallu

GPMasters

Post by kallu »

lol no he is not eligible to be in this series....This is for the oldies !,
Driver Eligibility
Have retired from all forms of open wheel racing
Have competed in F1 for two complete seasons
Have passed a medical examination
Be more than 45 years on the 1st Jan for the season to follow, and have retired from F1 for two complete seasons.
India1989

GPMasters

Post by India1989 »

hahaha, that is great. all old people racing. It would be another 20 or 25 years before we see Indians racing in there. But it is a good thing. Nice way to get older people more respect.

But what if they meet with an accident. They won't be as much aware as they would've been before.