A1 GP 2006

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Who should drive for team India in the next A1 race ?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 08, 2041 12:04 am

Karun Chandok
63%
Armaan Ebrahim
38%
NK
No votes

Total votes: 16

akmohanty

Re: A1 GP 2006

Post by akmohanty »

Narain had bad starts in both the races. He did so-so in the sprint race and finished 7th, just outside the points. However, in the feature race, he did much better and finished 4th  :D. He raced cleverly during the safety car period in the middle of the race and gained a couple of positions to 5th. Then, he managed to overtake Netherlands on track and was 4th for most of the race, hot on the heels of Italy, who was 3rd. Italy just managed to scrape through and deny Narain a much deserved podium. Nevertheless, a great weekend for Narain where he showed what a talented driver he was.
His performance is all the more commendable as it is obvious that the Indian car is a bit behind on development compared to the top ones and it is clearly Narain's talent that is resulting in top-5 performances. I hope that he remains in A1   for the next season and provides us more reason to rejoice in motor racing. I am in fact coming to think that this place is better than F1. In F1, its the technology & money that matter rather than the driver talent  and no matter how talented a driver is, if he is not in the one of the top cars, he would look horrible languishing at the bottom and fighting for just bits and pieces.  :mad:
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

Another example to put Narain's feat in perspective - Bruno Junqueira, who is considered an exceptional driver having done well repeatedly in Champ Car (finished 2nd thrice in the past 5 years of that series) joined Team Brasil for this weekend and i was kinda surprised to see that he could manage only 14th on the grid. Also, the drivers racing here are right up there, what with Nico Hulkenberg the winner this year being considered as the next Michael Schumacher. He is managed by none other than Willi Webber, who managed Michael throughout his career. Robbie Kerr has an exceptional pedigree as well. To be almost able to match them in quali(especially) and races is commendable on the part of Narain. Hope he has better luck next year, continues in A1 GP and actually wins the championship. :goodluck:
kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by kallu »

That was an exciting race. This is what i like about A1. Good race by narain, he was about 4th fastest all weekend and he finished race in 4th, shame we couldnt see the overtake on Netherlands.A podium would have been soo good to end the season. I think NK will be coming back if a decent team like Arena is still managing the Indian car.

its gonna be a long wait for the next season !!!  :( :( :(
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Good perfromance by Narain to produced best finish for team Indian in finale race of A1 GP season.

Yes, I m also hoping he will stick to A1 GP team for next season as he is having chance of producing more great result on A1 GP curcuit.

Jaydeep.