Motorsports Ladder

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Motorsports Ladder

Post by kallu »

This thread are for the Newb's like India1989 who wants to know all the classes of racing there are. Hope you will find this informative

If you go to the following link you will see the hierarchy of four wheel motorsports.

http://www.speedsportmag.de/motorsport/ ... sprache=en

As you can see from above link there are two categories. Formula Motorsport and Touring cars. If you want to follow indian drivers then you can forget about touring cars, no one is racing there.

So if you look at the formula motorsport chart, you can tell there are a lot of ways to get in to Formula 1. One of the popular route was through F3 and then F3000(Now called GP2).

So as of now we have:

Narain in F1
Karun in A1
Armaan in Formula BMW
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

Thanks very much for making a separate thread for me and other newbies. I am sure tha it would help us a lot. Thanks for the site. It is really good.

We can also discuss about all types of motorsports here.
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

There are some kind of racings missing there. Like the drag racing.

It is missing drag racing?

I have one more question.

Do women participate in these racings? if there is then are there any Indian womens who do so?
kallu

Motorsports Ladder

Post by kallu »

Well drag racing is not really a sport for masses. As far as i know serious Drag racing is only done in USA, its not very big in other countries, where its done more like a hobby !

Coming to women drivers there were a couple in F1 back in the days. Then there is Danica Patrick who races in Indy, there were rumours that she might be in F1 in future. There are quite a few women in india participating in Rally events. But there isnt anyone at the moment ready to break in to top level racing....Give them more time they should be there !!
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

Well, yeah but I didn't find some other kinds of racing over there. Like once I saw in TV that people are racing through muddy and dusty places in a jeep. There is a driver and a co-driver.

So like jeep in dusty places. Curved roads and stuff. Like that thing.
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

I found another motorsport. Is is called monster jam

Here's the website

http://www.ushra.com/truckList
Red_Indian

Motorsports Ladder

Post by Red_Indian »

India1989 wrote:Like once I saw in TV that people are racing through muddy and dusty places in a jeep. There is a driver and a co-driver.
That would be "Rally" racing - a different "genre" of racing altogether in the sense it is done out in the "real world" and not on tracks. You can find more information here.
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

Have you ever heard of Monster racing. It is too cool. I would like that to happen in India. India can do good in racing.
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

Red_Indian wrote:
India1989 wrote:Like once I saw in TV that people are racing through muddy and dusty places in a jeep. There is a driver and a co-driver.
That would be "Rally" racing - a different "genre" of racing altogether in the sense it is done out in the "real world" and not on tracks. You can find more information here.
India is good at rally racing. Like chetan. They have many national things going on. Do they compete in international arena.
India1989

Motorsports Ladder

Post by India1989 »

You guys also forgot the Go Karting form of racing over here.