Indian National Rally Championship

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

agurudev
Please enter the middle number: 1

National Rally Championship

Post by agurudev »

all the best to those who are driving the delhi rally this weekend. please post results and let us know how it went.
kallu

Post by kallu »

and how about some pictures eh !! :)
piranha

Post by piranha »

Chetan Shivram wrote:HI, sure i can send you a couple of high res picks, also could not access your english version on the site. please give me some time as i am leaving tomorrow for the next rally, will send you the picks when im back . ie.on the following tuesday.
I work for a rallying magazine in Romania and I would be very interested to write a story about the Indian Rally Championship. I followed in recent years the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) and I am familiar with rally drivers from countries like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia but very little is known about rallying in India because I haven’t noticed Indian drivers competing in major competitions.

I saw several Indian rallying pictures in the gallery on this website and I think your championship has a respectable level for a national championship, taking into account the 4wd cars on those gravel special stages. Could you write for me a report about the championship ? Emphasising on the main drivers and the top cars, the nature of the special stages (surfaces), comments on the locations of the championship rounds (most favourable Indian provinces) and some history (I believe the Brits made first attempts to do rallies in the subcontinent), with major Indian drivers from the past. And some hi-res copyright-free pictures (half a dozen of more would be just fine). I would like to publish your story, making sure that you will receive a copy of the magazine.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

It is great to hear from you Shetty and CHetan. As I am living in Canada I cannot see the races but sure can check out the results. I am proud of you guys. You guys put up a good performance.
Keep it up. Goodluck in future.
Chetan Shivram

INRC

Post by Chetan Shivram »

Hi all,
It has been a splendid weekend for us in Delhi,
We won the rally by a mere 5 seconds. One of the most nail biting finishes ever.
In the 1600 class, Arjun Rao walked away with a splendid performance to take the top honors with Narain coming in second. But the overall championship has a new leader and Nairain is just one point ahead of Arjun Balu. That puts JK on top.
IN the 1400 Prithvin has closed the gap with Sanjay Agarwal and has a two-point difference. Sanjay is leading.
IN my category i am ahead by 10 points in the championship. in the gypsy class Sandeep Sharma has sealed the championship.
There is only one more rally to go in the season and is being held in Hyderabad on the 9th, 10th and 11th of December.

Hi Shetty, yes everyone knows you here. Infact i have heard of you and kind of know u are amazing in TSD's as well.
Give me a call when u r here in India and i would like to meet up. My no is 9886209165.

Hi piranha,
Will have the report ready for you in a couple of days.

Thanks guys for all the support and kind words, looking forward to your replies.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Congrats on your performance in the Delhi race. best of luck in the next race and hopefully you can hold on to the championship.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Wow Chetan good race. Though 5 seconds is a lot. So you had a really comfortable win. It was nice to hear from you again. I am Soumo. Keep the good work up.
Anyways what car do you race in? Please don't mind I am really confused about these cars.
googboog

Taking part in formula maruti

Post by googboog »

hey all.. i am taking part in the first 2 fissme races this year.. cant wait for the races to start, but the dates havent been finalized.. and i dont know what it's going to be like.,

has anyone else here taken part? if so.. any experiences/tips/etc would be helpful

cheers..
kallu

Post by kallu »

welcome googboog !!.. Congratulations on ur entry. So what team are you driving for ? Whats your name ? we will cheer for you. Well i think the only person who posts here that has Formula Maruthi experience is Karun Chandhok, So expect tips from him if he comes online.

Again congrats and good luck
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Welcome googboog to this forum. I hope you have fun with us and enjoy your stay with us.

So congrats on taking part in formula maruti. SO by the name i guess its race between maruti cars.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

All the best googbog and welcome to the forum.
agurudev

Post by agurudev »

all the best man.
kallu

Post by kallu »

India1989 wrote:Welcome googboog to this forum. I hope you have fun with us and enjoy your stay with us.

So congrats on taking part in formula maruti. SO by the name i guess its race between maruti cars.
No its not race between the normal maruti cars...these are open wheel cars with maruti engines !

India1989

Post by India1989 »

oh ok. SO all teh cars will have maruti engines. That's cool. NOw its fully on skills.
Goodluck googboog. Hope you do well.
googboog

Post by googboog »

thanks guys.. well i have no idea what it's going to be like.. this is actually a prize for winning the overdrive helmet design competition (dec 2005 pg 90) :D

i've taken part in a few go karting races and i did ok... so anyways, if anyone has any pointers, please tell me before the big event!! 8-)