Indian National Rally Championship

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Chetan Shivram
Please enter the middle number: 1

National Rally Championship

Post by Chetan Shivram »

HI, sure i can send you a couple of high res picks, also could not access your english version on the site. please give me some time as i am leaving tomorrow for the next rally, will send you the picks when im back . ie.on the following tuesday.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Hey chetan glad to know that you are driving in National rally championship. Never saw that on TV before to say the truth. But I am looking forward to get info.

Best of luck to you Chetan :goodluck:
shettysunil

Congrats

Post by shettysunil »

Congrats Chetan & Rupesh on Winning Rally Star Cup category.

BTW, from when Rupesh is navigating for you?

Rally Results:

Naren Kumar posts an impressive victory

Chandigarh: Former National champion V.R. Naren Kumar (co-driver D. Ram Kumar) of Team JK Tyre pulled out all stops to wipe out an overnight deficit of 11 seconds and win the Power M1 Challenge Rally, the fourth round of the MAI Indian National rally championship, here on Sunday.

Driving a Baleno in the 1600cc class, Naren was hard on the throttle on Sunday when two special stages were run and made time on overnight leader Arjun Rao Aroor (co-driver M. Chandramouli) of Team MRF and had plenty to spare at the finish.

Naren also had to fight a bout of dehydration and just about managed to push himself to complete the event. Aroor, driving his first season for MRF in a Baleno, suffered a puncture in the second stage that cost him precious time and also incurred a penalty of 90 seconds for reporting late at the time control. It effectively put Aroor out of contention for the top spot. He eventually finished third overall.

Aroor's teammate Arjun Balu finished second.

Final results (provisional):

Overall/1600cc: 1. V.R. Naren Kumar & Ram Kumar (JK Tyre, Baleno); (2hrs, 6mins, 20secs); 2. Arjun Balu & Kumar Ramaswamy (MRF, Baleno) 2 (2:08:13); 3. Aroor Arjun Rao & M. Chandramouli (MRF, Baleno) (2:08:13). 1400cc (Esteem): 1. Prithvin Rajan & P.V.S. Murthy (Chettinad Sporting) (2:13:05); 2. Philippose Mathai & Ashwin Naik (2:13:09).

Rally Star Cup (Esteem): Chetan Shivram & Rupesh Kholay (2:13:05); 2. Girishankar Joshi & G.M. Srikanth (2:14:28); 3. Anil Wadia & C.K. Chinnappa 3 (2:19:04). Gypsy class: 1. Sunny Sidhu & H.S. Bawa (2:11:16); 2. Sandeep Sharma & Kulbir Singh (2:13:38). — PTI
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Congrats Chetan. Great to know that you won rally star cup. :goodluck: for future races.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Congrats Chetan for excellent victory ... Wish u a goodluck for ur future races and hoping for repeating lots of this result.

Jaydeep.
puneets

Post by puneets »

Congratulations Chetan. Keep up the good work.
kallu

Post by kallu »

excellent stuff chetan !!!! :notworthy:
shettysunil

Post by shettysunil »

Hi All,
I understand Arjun Rao/Chandramouli were the Star performers of the rally on Day 1 & 2. On day 3 Naren/Ram, the true champions they are, attacked from the first stage and made up lost time to be a clear winners at the end. As usual team orders were in place for MRF & Arjun/Chandramouli had to check in late in the final time control to handover 2nd place to Arjun Balu/Kumar(who were leading the championship till the begining of Chandigarh round) & finish 3rd overall.

Anyways, Congrats to all the winners especially to the duo of Arjun Rao/Chandramouli & owner of this thread Chethan Shivram/Rupesh Kholay.

Hope to you see guys keep up the momentum in the next round in New Delhi.

- Sunil Shetty

Personal Note:- Chetan, Do convey my wishes to Rupesh personally. He should know me( I dont have his mail-id).
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Congrats Chetan!!! Keep up the good work.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Can anyone give me a website showing all the results.
Chetan Shivram

Post by Chetan Shivram »

Hi all,
Thanks a million guys, It was nice to open my mail and find so many messages, feels really good.
Sure will say hi to rupesh for you sunil.
Yes the rally was a dream run for me and i was infact faster than the 1400 cc cars on the first day, on the second day my suspension broke and i had a faulty engine bedding so i lost a lot of time and if you check the results, my time and the time of the fastest 1400 cc car is the same.
I should say sunil your info is accurate about arjun and chandramouli, infact the were leading the rally even during the final stage they were 7 seconds ahead of naren. You can get the results on the web site i mentioned earlier, www.mai.co.in in a couple of days. Also just to let you all know there is some more good news, I would be driving for team JK tyres from the next rally onwards, not completely sponcered but a big part of it.
Thanks again for the messages, its great to be here, :bounce:
Regards
Chetan S
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thats great news Chetan that u r getting support from JK Tyre ... That will definetly help u to step closer to fullfilling ur dream.

Jaydeep.
shettysunil

Post by shettysunil »

Hello Chetan,
Maybe you might be wondering how I know watz really happening in Indian rally scene...well, to be honest I was part of it & was a co-driver for one of the top driver in Indian rally championship, until the time I had to leave it for a career of my own outside motorsports.
Great to know that JK/Hardy is supporting you for the forthcoming rally.

All the best.

=Shetty

Personal Note:Ask Vikram Mathias/Naren/Jaidas/Sujith/Arjun Balu/Moosa/Chandramouli or your navigator Rupesh, about Shetty..they should be knowing about me..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Shetty/Chetan, pleasure to have you guys here getting first hand information about National Rallies.

And congrats Chetan on your JK tyres sponsorship.
agurudev

Post by agurudev »

congrats chetan, all the best for delhi - do you remember me?