Will Narain stay in F1 in 2006

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Narain in 2006

Poll runs till Sun Jun 09, 2041 4:00 am

Yes as a Test driver
40%
Yes as a Race driver
30%
No he wont be in F1
30%

Total votes: 20

kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by kallu »

So the season is coming to end, there arent many seats left for 2006 so what do you think will happen to Narain ? Did he do enough to get another chance next year ?
Prem

Post by Prem »

Doubt it very much as a driver....will be lucky to get a test driver slot..
kallu

Post by kallu »

there is a inside informer a friend of narain on a jordan forum who claims that narain alread signed some thing for 2006. ..What did he sign ? :roll:
insideout
Authors
Authors

Post by insideout »

Yes I think Narain will be there as a race driver
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

insideout wrote:Yes I think Narain will be there as a race driver
:rofl:

Narian will be very very very lucky to get a role as a test driver in 2006after his pathetic performance this season.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Totally agree with Varun ... I m doubtful about getting race driver seat to Narain for 2006 season.

Jaydeep.
kallu

Post by kallu »

A portugese site is saying that Narain might be third driver for Redbull B team
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Do they pay him any amount for being third driver? This year Narain didn't earn anything from F1 races!
kallu

Post by kallu »

yeah they do pay third drivers..

Narain did get paid this year, around 250,000. But his pay is sponsership money brought in by him..So technically TATA is paying him !
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

kallu wrote:A portugese site is saying that Narain might be third driver for Redbull B team
As a former member of the Red Bull junior team, this is probably the only seat he has a chance to get
Prem

Post by Prem »

Hope he gets something to keep the spectator interest in F1 in India alive...
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

i think Indias interest in F1 will really come alive when Karun is driving a F1 car because he has the potential to become a great F1 driver
raul

Post by raul »

Hi,guys I am new to this forum,nice to be one among the many enthusiasts supporting sports other than cricket.
I dont know why u guys criticise him for his performance,I think he is pushing hard more than he should ending up making mistakes,but if u look at his lap times or even the test times that the jordan team did,he has outpaced TM on every occassion,its just bad luck and too much of commitment.
Anyway here's some information,Autosport has mentioned that Narain may be a test driver for Redbull A team,since scott speed will be moving to their B team.
Loose translation
Narain Karthikeyan will be able to be remained in Formula 1 in 2006, being except sale of the Minardi to the Red Bull, therefore this energy drink mark has in the Indian market a very strong presence and is interested in placing it in equips of Faenza for the next year. The contacts between the two parts had been intensified during the Great Prémio of Brazil, existing, also, the possibility of the Indian to be the third pilot of the Red Bull, leaving as the formerones for the American Scott Speed.

What it is certain is that the Red Bull is not to ask for the Karthikeyan that has taken sponsors for equips, therefore does not need the contribution of the pilots nor wants to yield space in the cars to other companies, what it will be able to very facilitate the agreement between the parts.

In this way the market of pilots centers each time more in the Midland-Toyota, with Shnaider and Kolles in the excellent position to have a set of ten of pilots interested in the three places that have available, negotiating openly with all, to place them under pressure and to force them will increase it the stop, in its offers of sponsorships.
Cheers
kallu

Post by kallu »

welcome raul !

well i for one thought he did enough to get noticed by few teams, Yeah he didnt show that he is a champion material but he did show that he can be very quick. If a team can control his aggression he can be a great driver.
Indian

Post by Indian »

Ok, lets talk through the stats:

Qualifying:
Narain - Monteiro: 9-8

Courtsey: http://www.f1roro.co.uk/f1stats/teams2005/jordan_q.html

Race:
Narain - Monteiro: 6-6 (both finishing races)
Narain - Monteiro: 7-10 (overall including retirement)

Courtsey:
http://www.f1roro.co.uk/f1stats/teams2005/jordan_r.html

So, why are we bashing Narain here for not being a good driver? You are as good as your car is. I think people who are saying he is not quick, are missing the point and have not followed him closely. He is quick (and definitely quicker than his teammate Monteiro) but a bit more error prone than others. Monteiro takes less risk and makes less errors. But, I wouldn\t want to see a slow driver finishing race everytime. I would rather see somebody taking more risks. Afterall, it's formula-1.

At least keep Narain in Formula-1 till Karun moves over. We can even have both driving a Tata powered car some day in Formula-1? :)