Monaco GP -2005

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Winner?

Poll runs till Tue Oct 09, 2040 1:27 am

Alonso
50%
Schumi
25%
Barri
No votes
Fisi
25%
JPM
No votes
Trulli
No votes

Total votes: 4

vkd_1717
Please enter the middle number: 1

Monaco GP -2005

Post by vkd_1717 »

the difference between Narian and Tiago is just over 0.060 seconds which can easily be made up in quali 2 .. if he makes up that tiny gap he will start 15th if there are no more accidents or engine changes.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Monaco GP -2005

Post by jaydeep »

Very poor session for Ferrari ... And its become reality that their titles defence in constuctor and driver r not having realistic chance ... Yesterday they facing under steer problem with car ... Feel like wtching shadow of old Ferrari ... :(

Kimi put excellent performance .. Hopefully Kimi will put Alonso under pressure with his superb perormance.

Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Sandeep »

Kimi is looking damn strong to win this race. He is just blazing away frfom his opponents. Just 2 laps before, Schumi also started blazing in his new ferrari. These both at the moment are lapping 2 seconds faster than their opponents, kimi being the fastest. Have to see if Schumi can conver the gap.

While I was typing this Schumi registered fastest 3rd sector of the race. He has reduced the lead between him and Villenueve from 60 seconds to 19 now.

VKD, you must have been terribly upset at Coulthard's incident.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Sandeep »

Schumi sets the fastest lap of the race. He is the first man to go under 1.16 seconds!!!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Sandeep »

Schumi is doing what he did at Imola. He is now lapping 2 seconds faster than all of them. It is out of question for him to win as he was lapped by Kimi. BUt it would be interesting to see how many positions he can go up. He is at 13th right now.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Sandeep »

Ferrari once again did show stunning speed, but their initial performances in all the races is very dissapointing. Schumi ended in points.

Kimi's car also has tremendous pace. Infact amazing, as good as ferrari. That looks like the best car out there.

Come on Kimi. I hope he wins championship. He was aterrific talent. I had high hopes on him. Due to his bad car he didn't come up as much as I expected. I am very happy that he finally is living upto expectations, atleast mine. Great work Kimi.
Indian

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Indian »

Very interesting run in the end with all those overtakes by Williams boys. Renault just couldn't match the pace in the end. But, Alonso still managed to hold off Montoya.
Kimi just had no pressure after few laps. Nice win!

Narain had a really bad weekend with change of engine and 3 pit stops, finally retiring and not finishing the race.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Dhruv »

After a difficult final aggregated qualifying session due to unbalanced cars Tiago Monteiro and Narain Karthikeyan qualified in 15th and 16th position respectively. Both drivers experienced mixed fortunes during the very demanding 78-lap Monaco race. Narain Karthikeyan had to retire on lap 23 after he had a contact with the barrier, which damaged the hydraulic system of his car. Tiago Monteiro, however, had a good start, managed to avoid race incidents and finished 13th. The team is going now straight to Germany to prepare for the European Grand Prix in a week’s time.

TEAM QUOTES ON THE MONACO GRAND PRIX RACE

TIAGO MONTEIRO (EJ15/03) 13th (qualified 15h, aggregate time: 2:43.078)
“Six race finishes in a row is an important thing obviously in order to collect as much information as possible. After this weekend, we need to do a lot of things to improve the car because we have been struggling throughout the three days. It was a hard race on the car and tyres but also mentally as we had to stay focussed in order to stay on track, not make any mistake, let faster drivers pass by and bring the car to the finish. It is a bit frustrating as so many cars made it to the end but if we look at the positive side, we were one of them.”

NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN (EJ15/02) retired (qualified 16th, aggregate time: 2:43.442)
“It is really a pity I had to retire. I made a decent start and then I had a touch with the barrier, which damaged the hydraulic system. This explains why we had to pit early in the race. The team did a good job to try to fix it but unfortunately it was not possible and I had to retire. The whole weekend was very difficult for us, so now we have to make sure we will do better in the European Grand Prix next week.”

TREVOR CARLIN
SPORTING DIRECTOR

“Unfortunately Narain Karthikeyan retired after a small broach with the barriers and damaged the hydraulic system on the car. Tiago Monteiro did a good steady job and brought the car home even though he had a few handling problems. This is another race finish for Jordan Grand Prix and a 100% finish rate for Tiago. ”
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Monaco GP -2005

Post by Dhruv »

And from the qualifying earlier on Saturday

QUALIFYING SESSION 1
Saturday 21 May 2005
Following productive Free Practice sessions on Thursday, the second day of preparations went on for the Jordan Grand Prix this morning. Tiago Monteiro had a small touch with the barrier, which made him lose part of the final session. The team personnel, however, carried on their programme for qualifying and Sunday’s Race. In the afternoon first qualifying session, Tiago Monteiro set the 16th fastest time on the very demanding and notoriously unforgiving street circuit while Narain Karthikeyan qualified in 17th position but will start from the back of the grid tomorrow due to an engine change. Both drivers found it hard to achieve the right balance for the car but are looking forward to their first Monaco Grand Prix in a Formula One car.

Code: Select all

Driver           3rd Free Practice    4th Free Practice     1st Qualifying
Narain Karthikeyan 1:20.348,16th        1:19.606,16th        1:19.474, 17th
Tiago Monteiro     1:20.215,15th        1:19.034,17th        1:19.408, 16th
NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN (EJ15/02)
“I had problem warming up the tyres this afternoon and I also struggled because I missed quite a lot of running on Thursday after I made a small mistake and touched the barrier. This is my first time on this demanding and challenging circuit so I find it difficult to familiarise myself. However, I will push very hard tomorrow and try not to make any mistake during the race.”

TIAGO MONTEIRO (EJ15/03)
“We struggled a bit with the balance and the set-up here and it is quite tricky in street circuits if your car is not well balanced. However, we will now analyse the gathered data and I think we will go in the right direction for the race tomorrow. The race is very long in Monaco so everything is possible.”

TREVOR CARLIN
SPORTING DIRECTOR

“It was a tough qualifying today for both our drivers on this difficult Monaco circuit. We have not performed quite as well as we had expected but this race is all about getting to the end and with our good reliability record this year I hope we can get a decent finish out of it. ”
vkd_1717

Monaco GP -2005

Post by vkd_1717 »

That was definately the most intresting closing to a race i have seen in a long while ... it was a great race to watch except for one ponit of the race
the bridgestones now seem to work only for the second half of the race