Narain Karthikeyan Thread ...

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

ashuj_101
Please enter the middle number: 1

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by ashuj_101 »

In fact for the last few races Montiero is racing a lot better than Narain. I think Montiero is getting better with each race and with Narain it seems the other way :( . There were rumors before US GP that Montagni will be racing in French GP in place of Narain,but now with all the drama in US the situation has changed a bit with Narain getting some "points".
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by jaydeep »

Yes Ashuj, Montiero is really driving consistently better than Narain ... After US GP (where other 14 drivers didn't compete) interesting stat comes out ... Until now in 2005 Championship we experianced 578 laps (racing laps) on the track ... And Montiero is leading the list ... Thats really remarkable considering Jordon's car condition ... And in same list Narain is on 14th place ... :-~
Driver Team Total Laps

Monteiro Jordan 558
Barrichello Ferrari 525
M Schumacher Ferrari 498
Massa Sauber 497
Trulli Toyota 496
R Schumacher Toyota 477
Alonso Renault 473
Villeneuve Sauber 453
Raikkonen McLaren 451
Coulthard Red Bull 446
Heidfeld WilliamsF1 430
Albers Minardi 428
Webber WilliamsF1 426
Karthikeyan Jordan 407
Montoya McLaren 367
Fisichella Renault 336
Friesacher Minardi 323
Button BAR 271
Sato BAR 242
Liuzzi Red Bull 189
Klien Red Bull 182
Wurz McLaren 62
de la Rosa McLaren 57
Davidson BAR 2
Zonta Toyota 0
Jaydeep.
Indian

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Indian »

Narain put another one on his teammate in French GP qualifying. In fact, there was a Minardi between him and Monteiro. Believe it makes it 6-3 qualifying in favor of Narain? Good job!! :)
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Dhruv »

Narian got lapped by teammate today in the race and finished in the final position behind Heidfeld who had to stop 6 times due to problems with the Williams. I'll wait to recieve the press release which should be out in a little while.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Dhruv »

Narain Karthikeyan after the race
“I had a great start and was running in front of Klien but then on lap 3, I had a gearbox selection problem. I did not have the third and the fifth gear, so it meant that I had to shift from the second gear directly to the fourth and here, there are a lot of corners in third and fifth. Therefore that problem cost me a lot of time. It is a shame, as I was quick all weekend. I am really disappointed and unlucky, but now I will focus on the British Grand Prix next weekend.”
gbelday

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by gbelday »

Karthikeyan considering other teams

http://us.rediff.com/sports/2005/aug/08narain.htm
vkd_1717

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

Jordan is also one of the teams that I am considering, but at the same time I am also looking at other teams
The way he is talking hes making it sound like there are ther teams begging for him to sign. The only team (i think) offering him acontract for 06 is the dubai team. He hasnt done anythinggreat this year so i doubt other teams areafte rhim.
joystick

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by joystick »

are there any more detailes on the dubai team? given that folks like TCS supply some services to the ferrari team...India should be looking at building up experience for running an f1 team, even if at an upper mgmt level. we will definetly be looking at having a big stake in a team within a few years. why not start now?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by jaydeep »

Our one member Rajiv is linked upto Dubai F1 Magazine ... He informed us telling -
Dubai F1 team is still that one press release- no progress at all- dont think it will happen at all!
Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Sandeep »

Hey can some one remove the thing "lapped by his partner" as a tag to the thread? That is pretty old news.

Ed: Done
joystick

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by joystick »

re: Narain's F1 seat and season so far (from a layman)

im not as die hard an f1 fan as a lot of folks, but ive almost always kept in touch with the sport. with Narain getting a seat, that changed. i started following his progress between and during races religiously. the sudden immersion, coupled by lack of true f1 history knowledge, has raised a lot of questions for me. I hope some of u can help me with answers and critique my opinions.

firstly, the politics of f1 seems to be unlike that of any other sport. the paddock is like a travelling circus soap opera, disconnected from the external world of spectators, organizers, promoters, etc. the paddock seems like the archetypal old boys club dominated by the brits. by my estimate, about 50 to 65% of the paddock is made up of british nationals. the rest are from other parts of europe. the internal paddock politics reflect centuries of european rivalries (for example, everyone hates the italians.) from the outside, this sometimes looks like a school yard scrap of egos and dares, and at other times like the paddock is self-absorbed to the point of blindness. i would imagine the ambiance of the paddock would not be very unlike the club house at Lords, or MCC. needless to say, the scotch would be single malt, the bathroom reader a Kipling, and the pecking order easily agreed upon. to say nothing of ornamented social rituals.

Narain's entry into this elite club seemed to be initially greeted by caution. other than the unsually unbecoming articles of "have you seen how they drive in India?" and the occasional "he's good enough to not cause a mess", commentary was limited and the press releases and numbers spoke for themselves. which seemed about par for a bottom-rung team.

That seemed to change after Narain very tactlessly told Villneuve to bugger off mid-season. Since then, he has been often brandied as "wild" and "unpolished". Almost like a case of life imitating art, his performance went downhill soon after. It was fairly obvious that he was under a lot of stress, and the vicious cycle just got worse from then on. To compound matters, he ran out of allies in the paddock, had some bad luck, and was suddenly looking like bad news. Now, I'm wondering if he will be around next year.

In my opinion, Narain is treading new ground. He went from the domain of "racers" to "institutions". Most F1 drivers today are not of his type. With the exception of Montoya, and perhaps Webber, there are very few driver's drivers in F1. Most are professional to the point of boredom, and should be called racing test drivers. Any Jilles Villneuve type of drivers today have to clip their wings, or learn to find the balance between risk and results. Any driver who can keep race pace, and has won races, should be able to find it in himself to fit that mould, even if he is not a champion.

From a personal growth perspective, Narain definetly stepped into bigger shoes. Like with all bigger shoes, you have to learn and grow your way into them. In most jobs, such growth is parallaled with mentoring, and training. Instead, Narain seems to have been left out on his own half-way thru the season. He really needs to be nurtured and mentored for a season before he will be in the same place in F1, relative to Button and Montiero, as he was before 2005. Either that, or he should choose to remain a racer and move to a league where drivers still race, such as IRL. Any league thats about racing will love the market, and the talent.

any comments?

ps. Interesting article detailing Narain's career: http://8w.forix.com/karthikeyan.html
Kipling would have been proud.
vkd_1717

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

Narian is in the same class as Pantano, Glock, Bruni, McNish etc. group ... they start in a small team and have 1 chance to prove themselves ... All of them did badly but it wasnt their fault ut yet we never saw them in F1 again. Narian will join this pack.

The only hope for Narian is if one team need the spotlight in India ... thje only team that i think willbe interested is the Dubai team (yes, im still confident they will be in F1 in 2006)
kallu

Battle between Villenueve and Narain

Post by kallu »

Here is a clip of NK AND JV. Click on "Spa" and download "Karthikeyan Hopp"

http://tamas13.ultraweb.hu/
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Battle between Villenueve and Narain